Looking for supportive friends!

Options
Hi I'm Amy and I'm finally in the right mindset and want to keep it that way. The biggest goal I have right now is beyond weight loss and more about my mindset. I'm working hard to change how I think and feel about myself and my body. I would never speak to family or friends the way I've allowed myself to keep negative thoughts in my head. I'm taking this day by day and saying positive affirmations to myself and not allow myself to get in my way. I know if I change my thought process everything else will fall into place with determination and discipline. I'm off to a great start keeping within my calorie range and drinking a ton of water. My goal is to do cardio a minimum of 4 days a week, and I have no excuses since I have an elliptical in my basement.

Replies

• smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You are already on your way by making this decision and announcing it publicly! You will be so glad you did. Feel free to friend me. It's important to encourage one another.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Yep, it's mostly mental! Keep reading the motivational tips and inspirational stories. Doing that will definitely help you on your weight-loss journey!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Hi, Amy, add me if you want, just don't mind my sense of humor! I know what you mean about talking bad to yourself, though. I'm terrible about it.
  • wisgal77
    wisgal77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The more you use this site, the more you learn about your habits and can figure out how to adjust as necesary. Add me if you would like. I've been on a couple of weeks, but it has really opened my eyes to what I have been doing wrong for so long.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have been saying I want to lose weight since this time last year and until I started on the forums I failed constantly! Now I am actually seeing change and weight loss and I am enjoying being fit!
  • livindreams
    Options
    Hello!
    Awesome attitude! I agree with you trying to make it more about the lifestyle I want rather than dieting! You have come to the rigth place for support! Add me if you need some more friends!
  • valh12
    valh12 Posts: 13
    Options
    hey, you can add me as well as anyone else!!
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I really can relate to your post - lots of negative thoughts running around. It's time to focus on the positive steps we are taking to get healthy. :smile: Please add me if you would like.
  • MrsVDDS
    Options
    I'm the same way! My past failures are all due to my mindset not being in the right place! Feel free to add me!
  • luvinit
    luvinit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your support!
  • bettybork
    bettybork Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have that negative self-loathing stuff too. Trying my best to shed it, along with the weight. I have 4lbs lost too. GOod job! Betty
  • CandiceS86
    CandiceS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) I know you will succeed on here! Feel free to add me as a friend so we can support eachother :)