Obsessive

Options
I weight myself far too much :/
How do I Stop??

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Get someone to hide them!! I have the same problem, i was weighing myself like 3 times a day!! My mum now hifes them after each weigh in which is every sunday morning :) works wonders x
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    lol.. not sure there's an answer here ... It's just what we DO!! lol
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Pick a day and weigh yourself around the same time. I could weigh myself every day but I know that I will just drive myself crazy.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Once a day at a maximum, right after rising (and going to bathroom). That is the least you will weigh all day, so you don't have to do it again. good luck.
  • Tape a peice of paper over the numbers that says
    "NOO WAAY! NOT UNTILL MONDAY!"
  • LeighYan91
    Options
    My Day is Thursdays but I always do it early but not log it then if I put a lb on I get really down about it :(
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    I think hiding them would be a good start.I find it easy to get discouraged if I weigh too often.
  • tdoerr2
    Options
    Tape a peice of paper over the numbers that says
    "NOO WAAY! NOT UNTILL MONDAY!"

I like this!!!!
  • 0jylnn0
    0jylnn0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! My boyfriend finally took it out of the house. I go to my parents once a week and thats where i wiegh myself now.
  • Mclark0959
    Mclark0959 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Haha my situation is even worse! I used to weigh myself every day and no matter what the weight loss/gain was, I would feel depressed and defeated. I finally got to a point where I asked my husband to weigh me once a week, and so he is the only person who actually knows what I weigh! Its given me the freedom to work out and be proud of myself no matter what the scale says. and its working great! So far I know i'm seven pounds less! (I wonder what my actual weight is!) Also, it just takes a LOT of self control and faith!
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have been known to put my scale in the trunk of my car because if its in the house I"m liable to weigh too often. However, I can usually manage only weighing once a day. I'm leaving town for 6 days and its kind of freaking me out that there will be no scale but hopefully I can manage. Good luck!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale. Problem SOLVED!
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i put my scales in the hallway cupboard to deter myself from weighing all the time. I used to weight everytime i walked into the bathroom which was super off putting and depressive because surprise surprise they moved constantly and i never really knew what my weight was. Since putting them out of sight i weigh myself once or twice a week and i can actually see a difference! Also when i get up in the morning to resist the temptation of weighing i eat or drink something because i know that will change my weight and by getting on the scales after that it wont be accurate so there is no point.
  • tntfitmom
    Options
    get rid of the scale and judge your weight based on how your clothes fit. Hope this helps.