Hello From CA Bay Area, New to MFP

Options
Hi, I'm Darlene, I've just joined MFP after my boyfriend got the free app and showed me how easy it was to use.

I'm looking to make friends on here who are similarly minded. I've been overweight since I was probably 13 and I've had my ups and downs. I originally had the mindset that nutrition was the most important part of losing weight. Only very recently have I started to appreciate the effects of exercise and have been looking at the bigger picture.

I have had weight loss successes before, I'm 5'6" and was 216 at my heaviest at age 16. About 2 years ago I dropped to 149 and then somehow I lost my self control and gained most of it back. I know that I have more success when I am accountable to others and I know that having friends who are also trying to lose weight helps.

I have spent too much money on Weight Watchers, so I've finally quit that program. I prefer MFP because for the first time, I've started to pay attention to my sugar intake. Something that Weight Watchers didn't make me aware of. Also, I'm trying to build healthier habits that will stick with me after I reach my goal.

I've been using MFP for maybe a week and a half and I'm down 4 lbs. I'm lighter than I've been in months and I'm feeling pretty good. For exercise, my boyfriend and I like to mountain bike. At home I use an elliptical machine and lift weights along with other strength moves. I hope to find some great friends here!

- Darlene

Replies

• sweetyJ
    Options
    Welcome Darlene! Great start to your weight loss already! =) Keep it up!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will love it here. Awesome people to add that will give you the motivation.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want a local buddy! I'm in bay area too! This site is awesome!