45 and Fat - I want to be fit again

Options
Hello

Im Mark and I m in the UK. My wife has persuaded me to join which is good as Ive put on about 100lbs in 5 years. I want to be trim again! Heres to the good times

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and welcome!
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and my husband is 45 and the older you get the harder it is to lose weight. It's taken 11 weeks to lose 10lbs and I've been busting my butt to do it too. My husband keeps fluctuating between having lost 10-12lbs in the same time frame so we feel your pain. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello-And Welcome!

I am 46, and feel the same way
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck. :)
  • mom2boy33
    Options
    Welcome and you will do great. I am over 30 and it is hard to lose weight but we have to stay focused. The best advice I can give you is to find an exercise plan that you enjoy. It makes it more fun to workout and you can really see changes in yourself. So congratulations on making the change and here is to eating healthy. Good luck to you and your wife.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    Hi Mark! Welcome to MFP! This website is an excellent tool to help you get fit and healthy again! I started my weight loss journey on MFP several months ago and 29 pounds ago. I am 58 today and more fit than I have been in years! You can be successful at losing the weight. I have a few tips for you..........be sure to exercise, I walk............that earns you more calories for the day. I have learned that if I consume all of the calories that I earn through the exercise, I don't lose weight, but if I eat about half of the calories I have earned through exercise, I do lose. I also have a smart phone so when I go out to a restaurant to eat I first look up the items that I want to order to see if they will fit into my daily allowance of calories. If not, I find something that will fit so that I will be successful in my journey! Good luck with your journey to fitness! You CAN succeed.
  • JULIEISCRAZY
    Options
    I AM CRAZY AND FAT!!! I WEIGH 500+ POUNDS AND I PUT ON MOARRR
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's great you are making a start! You can do it, I'm 50 and in the best shape of my life. It is only as hard as you make it, enjoy the journey.

GG
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mark!!! I started my journey here when I was 45 (am 47 now) and it took me about a year to lose 50 lbs. I'd like to lose another 10 but I'm just working at at keeping off what I've already lost! That's the really hard part for me!!!!

Add me as a friend if you like; it helps to have support and that's what MFP is all about. You CAN do it, I am living proof!

Best of luck!!!!
  • MsDvine
    MsDvine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Mark. Im 41 and since the month of June this year I have lost maybe 30lbs. Keep at it. It's all about change of lifestyle. For me I had to completely change the way I live, not only the way I eat. Good luck, and remember, you can do it.
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I am 44 and I was over 310lbs by the end of the summer. I started taking my weight loss seriously and I have lost some weight. You can do it. Don't give up or get discouraged.
  • retsofaseret
    retsofaseret Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 as well and I joined last April. Well now some 32 weeks later, I'm 32 pounds lighter. I was very discouraged in the beginning. One pound a week is not very much, but when my Mom said, "Just think this time next year you will be 50 pounds lighter." Well, that did it for me. I'm going to make my goal this time. Best of everything and I know with MFP's help, we can all do it the best way. DIET AND EXERCISE.
  • neicypoos
    neicypoos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck mate you can do it :)