Your favorite yoga DVD's?

Options
I 'm looking to invest in a couple of good yoga DVD's to use when I can't make it to a class. What are some of your favorite yoga DVD's? I'm beginner to intermediate, but I love a challenge! Any suggestions?

Replies

• Melissa_Suzanne
    Melissa_Suzanne Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love Bob Harpers yoga! It has a hour yoga session and a 15 minute yoga abs work out, I really enjoy it! :) Its not your typical yoga dvd but you could look up a trailer on the internet to get an idea of what its like :)
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to find some good ones, too. My husband was taking one of the yoga classes at our gym, but they consolidated it with another class and he can't go because of the timing now. It's also really good cross-training for my running, so I know I need to be doing it, too.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Am/Pm Yoga with Rodney Yee.
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like the P90X Yoga X DVD, but it is quite long (90 minutes). I'd be interested in some good ones too that are a bit shorter.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltodown dvd. It's more of an arobic yoga workout. But I loved it. It has 2 levels and I just downloaded it online! I also enjoy the Self magazine Ultimate de-stress Yoga dvd. 40 minute workout that I find relaxing and effective. I always feel refreshed and less tense after doing yoga.. It's a fantastic way to get in some exercise!
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown which combines holding poses (for strength) and reps (for cardio). It is less than 30 minutes, but has been a good morning workout for me for a while.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown which combines holding poses (for strength) and reps (for cardio). It is less than 30 minutes, but has been a good morning workout for me for a while.

thanks for this! I was hoping to get her yoga dvd soon. That one and 6 week 6pack
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I really enjoy the yoga/Stretch workout incuded in Turbo Fire. It's 40 minutes long, has a little of the faster rep/cardio effect yoga, along with some very relaxing moves. Heck, but the end I'm practically sleeping on the floor! Its amazing! lol. (Don't worry, she wakes you back up and makes you very rejuvenated by the time its over, you don't wind up sleepy when you're done, lol)
  • RachelReady2Run
    RachelReady2Run Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump... I was just about to ask the same question!!!
  • IsleOfThanet
    Options
    Have you seen the Ram Dev yoga instructions. You can just search on You Tube for "ramdev yoga" and find lots of free clips for yoga led by Ram Dev ... he is also on some cable tv.

If this is the type of yoga you like DVDs are also available if you search on line.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like the Bryan Kest "Power Yoga" series - great workouts that go from lower-intermediate up to fairly advanced - 50 minutes each.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Yoga for the Warrior by Bob Harper is one of my favorites - work up a serious sweat! I tried the Jillian Michaels one but found that her form wasn't so good and it was more cardio based than yoga based so I decided not to buy it (I had checked it out from the library).

Sara Ivanhoe is one of my favorites and I recommend her highly - she has some great DVDs on Amazon that you should check out.

Also, yogayak on YouTube - they're mostly full length and free!
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Am/Pm Yoga with Rodney Yee.

I have the collection of Rodney Yee's Yoga dvds:
    http://www.amazon.com/Power-Yoga-Collection-Rodney-Yee/dp/B0044CM7YC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1322085521&sr=8-6

I love it :-)
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like the Tenzen dvd I got. It has some cardio stuff on it but then it has yoga too. Too bad I lost it :( Although I think it has that Rodney guy in it that everyone seems to like.
  • ChristophHewett
    ChristophHewett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend "YOGAmazing" YouTube channel and iTunes podcast. Definately a good point of entry for beginners, but I've been able to push it pretty hard on some flows.

http://www.yogamazing.com/

I just noticed that Chaz even does personal classes, via Skype or Facetime. I wonder if a G+Hangout would also work? It would allow 9 (plus Chaz) to be in the same video chat.

hmm, worth concidering.

_/|\_ namaste
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    After reviewing a good number of "beginner" yoga dvds, I decided on trying this one. I think my Rodney Yee collection of yoga workouts may be a bit advanced for me right now as it's been a while (at least a year) since I last used it. This is the one I'm going to try for a while:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/element-hatha-and-flow-yoga-for-beginners-kit-9391

Can't wait to get it!!! :-)