I cant stop eating....

Options
Well some days im fine and am not too hungry but other days like today i just cant stop eating i cant satisfy my hunger and i will try and eat a apple or carrots or light popcorn but im still hungry and i will drink a ton of water to try and fill myself up but nothing works does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this hunger?

Replies

• melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    Options
    Well some days im fine and am not too hungry but other days like today i just cant stop eating i cant satisfy my hunger and i will try and eat a apple or carrots or light popcorn but im still hungry and i will drink a ton of water to try and fill myself up but nothing works does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this hunger?
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    those days are the worst! i get them all the time. just try to keep yourself busy with other things. make lists of stuff you need to get done, take on a new project around the house, clean, organize, WHATEVER you can do to keep your mind busy and occupied. hope that helps :smile:
  • melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    Options
    I will try the cleaning idea, and i know my husband will love that idea too LOL:smile:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hi!

dont you just hate those days?! I dont know if this is the case for you or not, but I figured out for me I have to be careful of what types of fruit I eat. If I have an apple or an orange, guarenteed, within 20 minutes I'm so hungry its unreal.

I try to pay attention to my body signals after I eat foods so I can avoid those things that bring on the hungry hormones.

Good luck!
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I chew a lot of gum now. I find that having something in my mouth prevents me from running to the kitchen to satisfy an emotional craving.

:flowerforyou:
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    Options
    I second that! I have those same kind of days...regularly...so, I always I keep gum around.
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'd like to make a couple of suggestions...do you mind...

When I get to that point...and I do...especially during TOM (sorry guys), these are the tricks that I use. They work for me, maybe they will work for you:

1. I eat fire,:devil: what I mean by that, I stir fry chicken, fresh spinach and tomatoes with chilies. I get the spiciest hot sauce on the market (not Tabasco but I bet that would work) and I dip toasted Flax-seed Lavish bread it in. Now not everyone can do this...but if you are like me and you can eat that type of thing..it works...believe me. It stops the bingers....

2. I eat loads of garlic. If you cannot handle the fire...stir fry a bag of pre-cut coleslaw in oil olive with as much garlic as you can stand. There's something about that that kills my appetite. I smell like a Korean market (not that there's anything wrong with that, as I love Korean food) when I am sweating it out at the gym the next day, but that's not my problem, that's the problem of the person next to me on the tread mill. :laugh:

3. Which brings me to the third trick. I eat cabbage. Loads of it. It kills my appetite. I think that this has been posted before.

4. I get the darkest darn chocolate on the market. My poison is Lindt 85% coco or LIndt Chili Chocolate (I think that this is around 70% coco). I eat 4-8 squares...Hey better than over eating. My justification is that dark chocolate is pretty good for you.

5. Next, flax seed bread expands in your stomach. I make this stuff at home. There's a couple of brands you can get at the market. They are spendy...and I know why, the ingredients are very expensive. I make this stuff at home and it's around $4 a loaf, HOME MADE....:noway:

6. EAS Whey Shakes with no-sugar-added Almond milk will definitely kill my desire to eat.

7. Some people say apples, but for me this doesn't work. Once I eat one apple, I want to eat 10. :grumble:

8. Green vegetables will do it too. But I already said that with the spinach thing...but this means celery and broccoli, too.

9. I have 15 stairs up to the front of my house. I know why no one was really interested in purchasing this house when we bought it...:ohwell: . Too bad Trader Joe's doesn't deliver. I spend 10 minutes running up and down the stairs. Super intense cardio kills my desire to eat.

10. Surprisingly cooking in coconut oil seems to be working for me, too.

11. Some people say drinking loads of water does that for them. NOT ME! :cry:

12. I drink coffee...Loads of it. :love: NO ONE will ever take that away from me. :grumble:

13. I drink iced coffee with cream or no-sugar-added almond milk and add sugar free vanilla syrup. That works and it's super yummy...like melted ice cream.:drinker:

14. If you can afford the calories and/or the carbs/fat...drink 4 oz of whole milk. That coats your stomach.

Anyone have any other ideas?
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I chew a lot of gum now. I find that having something in my mouth prevents me from running to the kitchen to satisfy an emotional craving.

:flowerforyou:

I motion the third on that too. I get the strongest sugar free gum on the market. Or the strongest sugar free mints. Stuff that makes my eyes water. This works too. Too bad I'm not in Sweden anymore, because they have the strongest gum I ever had. They don't carry it at Ikea or at the Scandinavian markets here. :cry: