Anyone have a yummy lo-cal dessert recipe for Thanksgiving?

Options
I'm trying to find a good dessert to make that won't pack on the pounds! Any other tips for getting through the holidays without weight gain would be great too! Thanks!12867208.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I remember someone once telling me about a low cal pumpkin dessert they made using sugar free pudding and canned pumpkin. I don't have the exact recipe, but you might be able to find something like that online.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    my wife use to make a really good pumpkin dip with ginger snaps, it was a low calorie dip that was really good. If you google low calorie pumpkin dip you can probably find it. I think it was a weight watchers recipe or a martha stewart recipe she made healthy.
  • alisonrose01
    Options
    I'm making a pumpkin souffle! It can be made very low cal! And hey, its a fancy dessert :-)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    my wife use to make a really good pumpkin dip with ginger snaps, it was a low calorie dip that was really good. If you google low calorie pumpkin dip you can probably find it. I think it was a weight watchers recipe or a martha stewart recipe she made healthy.

Ginger snaps aren't the healthiest, but if you don't endulge too much with them it should be good and Hungry Girl has a low cal chocolate peanut butter bread pudding. You can probably find it online. I know the food is in the MFP database.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodrenegade.com/pumpkin-cake-bars-with-cinnamon-icing/

Instead of the cinnamon icing I just lightly sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cake when I'm done.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I posted a recipe a few days ago for tartlets as an alternative to pie. You can fill them with whatever healthy fillings you want (I like yogurt with raspberries, or baked apples for dessert and hummus with broccoli filling as an appetizer). Some I even put chocolate pudding and raspberries. It's less than a teaspoon full of chocolate pudding per tartlet.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    English so no thanksgiving here, but if I feel like a dessert I either have a cup of tea and some dark chocolate (I don't like chocolate much, but with a hot drink it makes me feel like I have had something sweet), or a bowl of fat free greek yoghurt with damson compote, which is amazing, has about 10g protein and about 80 calories.
  • tammyll3
    Options
    Pineapple angel food cake

1 box of angel food cake
    1 can of crushed pineapples
    1tsp of vanilla

Combine all the above mentioned ingredients(do not add water as the box calls for).
    Bake according to the boxes directions or until the top is a golden brown.

It is delish!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has tons of good ones. I made the low fat pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They were good! There are a bunch of cakes and pies and everything you'd want on there!
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but tomorrow morning we are making Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting from SkinnyTaste.com. It looks good! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced.html
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has tons of good ones. I made the low fat pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They were good! There are a bunch of cakes and pies and everything you'd want on there!

Ha! I was posting about this one at the same time! Glad to know it's good!!
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but tomorrow morning we are making Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting from SkinnyTaste.com. It looks good! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced.html
    Yum! I'm going to make those!!
    12867208.png
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Yum! I'm going to make those!!
    12867208.png

JINX! Haha