Chicken Broccoli Recipe

Options
roslynds9
roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
I just shared this to the database but since I don't think we can access them yet I thought I'd share it here.

This is one of my favourite dishes! My Gran has been making it for me since I was a kid but she actually originally got the recipe from the side of a tin of Campbell's Condensed Soup. I usually have a portion of this with some rice and a dollop of mango chutney. It's easy to make and tastes great!

4 Chicken Breasts
2 Heads of broccoli
295g Tin of Condensed Mushroom Soup
4 Tablespoons Light Mayonnaise
3 Slices of Bread
140g Cheddar Cheese
1 Tablespoon Mild Curry Powder
Juice of Half a Lemon

FILLING
Cut the chicken into chunks and brown in a frying pan until it's cooked through. (You can use Turkey if you like, I do this a lot because it's much cheaper than chicken)

Steam the broccoli over some boiling water until it's tender but not so soft it breaks up and goes mushy. This should take about 5-8mins.

SAUCE
To make the sauce mix the soup, mayo, lemon juice and curry powder together in a bowl.

TOPPING
Grate the cheese and blend the bread into crumbs and mix the two together.

ASSEMBLY AND COOKING
In a large oven dish layer the chicken and broccoli and cover evenly with the sauce. Top with the breadcrumb and cheese mix and put into a preheated oven at 180C for 20mins until the sauce is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.

Serves 6
Calories per serving - 318
Carbs per serving - 18
Fat per serving - 16
Protein per serving - 27

Replies