Choco-holic

Options
jennisgonnadoit
jennisgonnadoit Posts: 16 Member
Ok I am a total and complete chocoholic! I absolutely 100% love chocolate! But it obviously is not good for losing weight. Does anyone have any recipes that are healthy snack options that may curb my chocolate cravings? I would appreciate anything you may have to offer!

Thanks!

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way too. I still eat it every day in some form or another:

Cocoa-roasted Almonds (about 20 nuts is a serving of 100 calories)
    Fiber One Oat & Chocolate bars

^^^ Those are my go-tos. If I want something REALLY indulgent - well, I'll have it! I don't deny myself. I just make sure it's super yummy so I'll take the time and savor it. Godiva, if I'm in the neighborhood, or Cadbury Creme Eggs when it's the season.

Oops - you asked for recipes. Sorry, I don't cook...but it IS possible to have your chocolate and be successful/ healthy!
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Better Oats has a dark chocolate oatmeal... Wonderful! It satisfies my sweet tooth, I'm actually eating oatmeal, and it's instant so I can always keep it in my drawer at work and I have to get up and make it so I won't mindless eat it...
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just eat a little bit of dark chocolate everyday.. it's good for your heart.
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm also a choco-holic of the worst kind. Stick with dark chocolate that is the ultimate tip to be successful, because you can have chocolate in small portions and still lose weight!!
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    I love to eat a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips with an apple and peanut butter or in a strawberry smoothie! Yum!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    try sugar free dove chocolates, sugar free pudding, and recipes that use fake sugar or fruit. also, if cheating, try to before noon.
  • amp5622
    amp5622 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you like oatmeal, I eat this every now and then when I have a sweet tooth instead of having my usual plain oatmeal.. I actually had it today! I have to say, it's VERY tasty and easy to make, you just fill the pouch up with water and pour it on top of the oatmeal in a bowl, pop it in the microwave and you're ready to go! AND only 160 calories a pouch, plus its good for you.. Its a win-win situation :smile:

http://www.betteroats.com/oats/lavish/dark_chocolate/
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Hershey special dark chocolate bar! Half of one has less than 100 cals!
  • CandiceS86
    CandiceS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm totally a chocoholic. I used to eat it several times a week and now I haven't had it in over 1,5 weeks. That's like a record! I'm planning on buying a bar of really dark chocolate (over 70%). I HATE dark chocolate but it works when I'm dying for a piece of milk chocolate!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have a huge mug of almond milk mocha every morning:

2 cups of original almond milk, heated up in the microwave for 3 minutes.
    1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
    1 tablespoon instant coffee
    stevia (sweetener) to taste.

Mix with a hand whisk until it's all frothy and yummy on the top like a latte

It's about 130 calories and I get my caffeine fix AND my chocolate fix.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Peel 2 fresh dates (use 1/4 c of the chopped kind if you can't buy fresh). Put them into a food processor along with 1 TBS cocoa powder, Blend. Mix in walnut pieces and coconut by hand. Shape into bars with plastic wrap.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    There's also a thread here about Black Bean Brownies - I suggest it :)
  • amp5622
    Options
    If you like oatmeal, I eat this every now and then when I have a sweet tooth instead of having my usual plain oatmeal.. I actually had it today! I have to say, it's VERY tasty and easy to make, you just fill the pouch up with water and pour it on top of the oatmeal in a bowl, pop it in the microwave and you're ready to go! AND only 160 calories a pouch, plus its good for you.. Its a win-win situation :smile:

http://www.betteroats.com/oats/lavish/dark_chocolate/
  • amp5622
    Options
    Whoops... double posted for some reason :frown:
  • AMKAG
    AMKAG Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat those also,, very good... But be aware of what a lot of fiber will do... :blushing:
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I like making hot chocolate with cocoa powder, stevia, and almond milk to curb my chocolate cravings.
  • a_fill
    a_fill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a snack under 80 calories that takes away my chocolate cravings, its not exactly healthy but it is pretty low cal!

Strawberry Source by Yoplait Yogurt (100g) - or another 35 calorie yogurt
    1 Fresh Strawberry (mine was 28g)
    Two tablespoons (1/8 cup) of chocolate ice cream

35 + 8 + 31 = 74

depending on what kind of ice cream you use the calories will change. The one I used was 140 calories per half cup.
    Basically you chop up the strawberries, throw everything into a bowl and mix it up. Its not decadently chocolate but it tastes great.

you can also mix it up like putting blueberry yogurt with some vanilla ice cream and some granola/cereal, or vanilla yogurt with coffee ice cream and coconut!
    endless possibilities! :)
  • jjwaite
    Options
    You can add regular baking cocoa to anything you think it might taste good in.....for example make brown rice and mix it with milk, splenda, and baking cocoa to taste! SO GOOD. I add a touch of cinnamon as well. Another good idea is to add it into your cottage cheese.
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds great!!

9089195.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lisa_darlene9
    lisa_darlene9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There are some really good chocolate recipes in Tosca Reno's Clean Eating books. I have made awesome fudge brownies with black beans as the base,,,they are so good you would never know there were beans in them. Ive also made the chocolate mousse with silken tofu. I used a package of tofu, dark cocoa powder, a very ripe banana, pure maple syrup and a bit of vanilla, but it all in a food processor and let it chill and you will cure your chocolate fix, and not have to worry about it going to your hips.