Replies

• purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Confused . . .
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have been playing (and losing) the game since 2003...!!!

wow.

haha
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Confused . . .

Unlucky

You now play the game, every time you remember 'The Game' you loose the game and must publicly announce you've lost the game until you die. You'll be like me and go pfft whatever, until you remember it then you'll be so angry.
  • CandiceS86
    CandiceS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had forgot about the stupid game for almost a year! And here I go again losing it! Damn you! ;)
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow this game is everywhere lol... I've been playing (and losing!) since my Uni days about 8 years ago!
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    my kids told me the game was over

i asked them who says!! they said whoever started it!!
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Dammit, the last time I lost was when someone in the crowd at Bloodstock festival in August announced their loss.
    Damn you!

Been playing since the late '90s/early 2000s, when it was mentioned on an e-list I subscribed to concerned with memetics (a subject I still have a strong interest in). Actually managed to go several years in the mid-2000s without losing. *sigh* Pretty sure that's never going to happen again.

For anyone concerned, XKCD attempted to seed a memetic antigen to combat the game:
    http://xkcd.com/391/
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Dammit! I just lost the game.

I have a friend that constantly says "the game" or "you just lost the game" to me and another friend. Grr.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Dammit! I just lost the game.

I have a friend that constantly says "the game" or "you just lost the game" to me and another friend. Grr.

When I was in drama club in high school, so many of us started playing it that we started making additional associations with the game!!

So now, not only do I lose when someone says "the game", I also lose when I am reminded of:
    -The White Stripes
    -Madagascar (the country or the movie)
    -Pointing at the palm of your hand
    -International Thespian Society
    -Invader Zim
    -Checkerboard patterned things (shoelaces, belts, etc)

....there's certainly more but I can't think of them right now... hahaha
  • law2097
    Options
    Oh bum, just saw this and I think I've gone about three months before loosing just now.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    ARG!!!!!!