WARNING - graphic detail inside

Options
So, I'm visiting my parents. I should have brought some groceries down but let's just say their selection isn't my ideal healthy choices. However, today I started to feel really lightheaded and I realized I hadn't ate in 8 hours. So I tried to find something that was low carb and quick. I ate a hotdog. I usually buy the lowfat Hebrew National ones, if at all... so I didn't think to look at how much fat was in it. I started to feel really nauseous. My mother tells me that " You know there was like 18 grams of fat in that." This may be TMI , but the hotdog did not stay with me for very long. I guess after a while eating high fat foods, I just couldn't handle it. I felt really sick afterwards, it was like being poisoned. My mom steamed me some broccoli and I feel better, but that was not a fun experience.

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Graphic would have been describing the color, consistency, and smell of the hotdog vomit. Anyway, I do get nauseous if I eat something 'really bad' too.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Been there...I ate really healthy for an entire month and one day went out to eat with my husband and ended up feeling sick that same night... It wasn't pretty.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you were ill. I hope you feel better soon. I had a piece of pumpkin pie today. I have had very little sugar in the last six months. No pie, no cake, a few cookies in the beginning and I'm quite sick to my stomach as I type this. The only thing I can think of is the pie. I guess it's just too much of something I've not had in a long time.
  • PetitPomme
    Options
    Your body can lose it's tolerance for all kinds of things, so I wouldn't surprised if that's what happened. I went vegan 7 years ago, and if get so much as a latte with milk in it by mistake I'm sick to my stomach before I finish the cup. Sounds like a bad experience, I hope you have better luck in the future!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yeap, the same thing happens to me if I eat anything high fat. It took me a little bit to figure it out but once I did, I avoid high fat like the plague!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Well, I've been eating well for a while, but every now and then I splurge - within calorie limits. I guess I have guts of steel, 'cause I've eaten a pink's hot dog with the works and I've felt just fine.

-And when I say "the works" I'm not kidding... check the link - this is the "America the Beautiful" dog....

http://www.dinedelish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Pinks-Hotdog-America-the-Beautiful-1024x574.jpg

THAT'S what I call graphic detail.

Mmmm.
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! I have eaten so well and gave up coffee for awhile when my sweet neighbor brought over a homemade iced coffee and cinnamon roll for breakfast;-(........I was so excited for a treat that day that I ate and drank it without hesitation. Oh my, what a sugar rush and then the nausea set in.....I think I might need to think it through next time;-)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Funny... it's always the broccoli that makes me feel sick! LOL
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have that problem if I have fried foods. It is not pretty!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup this happened to me this past weekend. I ate a few pieces of mini candy bars and it made me sooo sick!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Graphic would have been describing the color, consistency, and smell of the hotdog vomit. Anyway, I do get nauseous if I eat something 'really bad' too.

Ha, I was rather disappointed the descriptive was missing! Hehehe! Anyway, I get like that too. Means you're used to eating healthy. I had McD's last Friday and it hit my belly like a ton of bricks. Pretty amazing stuff our bodies.
  • NKINLAW2011
    Options
    i LOVE ur profile pic on here!!! I'm a HUGE fan!
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had a snack size (the ones kids get at halloween) candy bar and was quite ill for several hours the next day. I won't be doing that again. :(
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Ok in a weird way this is something to celebratebecasue it means your GI tract has changed!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! I am happy for you. This too happened to me. After losing weight initially, when I went home for the holidays I ate everything and literally was sick for the next week. I was just not used to all that butter grease and fatty foods anymore. YOU have transitioned my friend!
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 149
    Options
    LOL. Thanks every one! I mean I didn't think it was a good idea and I certainly didn't want to eat a hotdog, I was just dizzy and desperate lol. Maybe I should have captioned this as " Warning- Graphic detail with a hotdog" :)