Need support

Options
hello! i have 108 pounds i want to lose before i have my wedding in december 2010. i have time, but i am going to have to stick to it ALL THE TIME, and that is scary to me. i want to be a beautiful bride when my day comes

Replies

• SuperSexyLady
    Options
    hello! i have 108 pounds i want to lose before i have my wedding in december 2010. i have time, but i am going to have to stick to it ALL THE TIME, and that is scary to me. i want to be a beautiful bride when my day comes
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You can do this! There is lots of great information and support on this site.

One of my motivators to lose weight was my wedding Sept. 2008. I started watching what I was eating and then exercising in June 2007. By Sept 2008 I had lost 70lbs. I still have about 30lbs to lose currently but my point is you CAN do this.

I have found that there have been 3 factors that have contributed to my success
    1) Honesty - no more excuses, realistic about my goals
    2) Support - I told everyone what I was doing to keep myself accountable and ensure I had lots of support and encouragment, I hired a trainer for help and motivation, I joined MFP
    3) Education - My trainer helped educate me on how to exercise, on what I should be eating and how the body works in general. I've also gotten a lot of knowledge from MFP and by doing research on my own.

Best of luck!:flowerforyou:
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey SuperSexyLady!
    Congrats on the engagement. I'm recently engaged, too and I'm trying to lose 20 lbs before my wedding in January. I know losing weight is a daunting task and it takes a lot of willpower, but I know you can do it! I'm learning that it's all about what an impact little choices make. I'll be cheering you on! :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hey you CAN and WILL do this - it's taken me 6 months to lose 40 lbs so far, I'm nearly half way there and this site is truly AMAZING for support & motivation :drinker:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    There are 52 weeks in a year. You have over a year until your wedding. If you lose just two pounds per week, you'll make it! You don't even have to lose that much! You can do it! We're all here for you!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck to you!! Don't get discouraged...I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride.

Don't forget to read the newbie stickies so you can make a life change, not just lose the weight :smile:

Go go go!!
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Don't do this for your wedding!! Do this for you and your health and your longevity(sp?). You need to change your lifestyle.

Doing this for anything other than what I listed will only get you a temporary weight loss and a 'quick fix' , which is what everyone wants these days.

You have to change the way you think about food and health. It's not just now, it's for the rest of your life and YES you do have to "stick to it ALL THE TIME".
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: