Thinking about getting bangs vote yes or no

Options

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    after a much needed bottle of wine one night, i did my own. i don't really like them.. if they're fixed right (which for some reason is harder than it seems it should be), then I love them but it's hard to get them just right..

on the other hand, EVERYBODY seems to love them on me. It definately gave me a fresh look. I haven't had 1 person tell me they didn't like them.

Go for it! They'll grow back!!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My friend just got bangs like that and it looks awesome. Lots of upkeep. Keep that in mind, but if you can handle frequent bang trims- do it. I love that look. But, you do look great now too! You have beautiful hair!

a friend of mine just graduated hair school so ya if i get them getting them trimmed isnt a huge deal
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    No bangs. You look great the way you are now.
  • kleavitt1992
    Options
    Yes, bangs gives a younger kook

dont know that im trying to look younger lol im only 19
  • ShrinkingHollyx
    ShrinkingHollyx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think you would look beautiful either way, but I personally like your hair better the way it is now.
  • branflake5
    Options
    Don't do it!!! You will regret it. I decided about 2 yrs ago that I wanted bangs I hadn't had them in 4ever and my mind was made up. I got them liked them for about2 days then hated them did everything I could to pull them back with out looking ridiculous. And to the worst part is that my hair grows super fast but my bangs took seriously 4EVER to grow out. They are still not the length of the rest of my hair but finally not bangs anymore:)

Good luck whatever you decide
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! I did a few days ago and have gotten tons of compliments! And when I don't want to deal with them, I braid them back to the side ( know what I mean?). Simple as that!
  • Wishtobethinagain
    Options
    I think the picture you have is a very dramatic bang and if you went for a more subtle bang then you would be fine :) But do what you like, you are the one who has to like it
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I say do it. If you don't like them you can still style them somewhat to the side, or do a pouf. They'll grow out in 6 weeks. Who knows they could look gorgeous but you won't know if you don't try it.
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    You look really great right now! While you would also look beautiful with bangs - take from someone that has had bangs for years, they do take lots of trimming (about every 3 weeks for me) so if you are not good at doing that yourself - think twice on it.
  • kleavitt1992
    Options
    10 yes 8 no and a few in betweens oddly enough like all the guys said no.....that scares me lol i dont want guys to think i look weird lol im prob. at a 75% yes right now (for what i think i want, THINK is the optimal word) i want them but i'm not sure if i should wait til im thinner or idk i dont want to look chubby because of the bangs
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I like your hair how it is now, but I say while you are still young, why not try out the bangs?

You could also go to a wig store and try on some wigs first...

I used to have bangs, but they looked really weird on me :( My forehead is too short in comparison to my chin and my hair texture made it very troublesome. I think it would suit you, but of course I am only judging by two photos~also keep in mind styling ^^
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yes, bangs gives a younger kook

I need bangs then.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I agree where someone said maybe a more subtle bang (I didn't know there was such a thing).
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I vote yes because I like bangs. I have bangs but I'm old and don't care what anyone thinks about how I wear my hair. If someone doesn't like it then don't look at me. :smile:
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooo your hair looks lovely as it is :-)
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the movie "What's your Number" - she makes tons of funny comments about bangs. It's a must see!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    It's just hair! It'll grow back. So I say yes. :bigsmile:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    lmao...OK, bangs means something VERY DIFFERENT here lol................

Nothing to do with hair..........we would call what you are calling bangs a fringe...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i dont think so i love your hair as it is!