Fruits and Vegetables ideas?

Options
I need to add more of these to my diet, but I am getting tired of Apples, Strawberries, Bananas, Grapes and Clementines. Not too tired, but would still like to explore other options. Vegetables, is hard. I like lettuce, corn, broccoli and green beans. These are easy to add to dinner when I make it for the family ( well - me and the fiancee... my daughter is only 3 months lol) but I don't know how to easily add them to lunch or snacks other than carrots w. light ranch dressing which gets so boring as that's pretty much the only veggie type snack I eat. I hate tomatoes and celery and brussel sprouts, and am not really a veggie fan outside of corn and broccoli. Does anyone have any ideas or things they put together to add more vegetables to their diet? I am on a lifestyle change not just a diet, so I am really interested in learning what I can do with food.

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Healthy Recipe i wanted to share. Cucumbers with tuna salad with olive oil mayo sprinkled with paprika and chives

Cucumbertunasaladoderbs.jpg

smallerr32f.jpg

PB220004.jpg
    Frozen Bananas dipped in honey then cheerios or you could dip it in nuts or coconut or anything really!
    GetImageaspx.jpg

vegetarian-recipes-strawberry-fruit-cups-.jpg
  • twildmann
    Options
    How about making a salad for lunch? It is actually low in calories if you get an oil based dressing. I use Gazebo room. I have that about 2-3 days a week.

I also love carrots sticks with a piece of reduced fat sharp cheese. Sounds weird, but it is delicious!

Good luck!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Do you like asparagus? I bake it and add a bit of salt and pepper and sometimes with either white or balsamic vinegar too.
    I buy those pre cut bags of broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots and steam them and eat them on the side a lot.
    Also, if you add things to the veggies your already eating, like apples with peanut butter. mmmm. or try hummus instead of ranch with your carrots.
    Cucumber is another one of my faves. I eat it almost every day. In sandwiches, with crackers and/or cheese, hummus, or ranch. Goes with everything!
    I also eat peas all the time just because they are so easy and delish.
    Try adding cheese sauce too any veggies if you can afford the cals that day. Soo good.
    Pears are one of my favorite fruits too! They are the highest fiber I believe for their cals/size.
    Hmm if I think of anything else I will add it :)
  • twildmann
    Options
    very cute turkeys. :smile:
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Have you tried sweet potatoes? Acorn squash or butternut squash are good, too. Zucchini, yellow summer squash, onions, cauliflower, maybe try some kale in a salad. Add some frozen spinach to a pasta dish. How about beans? Roast some onions, carrots and potatoes in olive oil as a wonderful side to a meal. Keep trying new things! :)
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    try one of the several green smoothies...

I like spinach, apple, mango juice, and flaxseed.

you can add anything really....wonderful way to get in your daily requirements
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you, all. The only vegetable I've seen that I haven't tried is Kale, so I am going to try that soon and hope that I like it :(

I'm going to try to just force myself to like veggies or something, it's ridiculous how I just hate every vegetable I try lol.