running

Options
how good is running? what are the benefits

Replies

• Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been running for a few years now...both treadmill and open road. What I love most, beside the exercise, is the ability for the mind to tune out of all the days stresses and almost become kind of a therapy session. So good for the body and mind. Interval running is great for fat burning. But either way if you don`t move it, you won`t lose it!!!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    is this a serious post? What are the benefits of leading a healthly life? I don't mean to be sarcastic but come on?????
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    Running from zombies if it ever does happen. So far I was able to run 1 mile now I am going a bit more 1.5. So a zombie wont be able to catch me at 1.5 but after 1.5 I am out of luck.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    is this a serious post? What are the benefits of leading a healthly life? I don't mean to be sarcastic but come on?????

I think she meant compared to other forms of exercise.

I'm just starting out running, but I find it very liberating. Also, the zombie thing has some truth to it, you can't elliptical away from danger.
  • malachy007
    Options
    Running is amazing! One of the best ways to burn fat as well being a damn good stress buster! I don't know where u r at with your weight loss but if you have a bit to lose (like I do) interval training is the best way to burn fat whatever exercise you are doing. So start out at a moderate pace then sprint for a minute then go back to your moderate pace... and repeat for at least 10 minutes. Whatever exercise you are doing, if you are doing intervals the trick is not to let your body get used to the speed or intensity you are working at.