Losing weight for my wedding in May 2012

Options
Hello! My name is Amanda and I'm 39 years old, grew up and currently live in Atlanta, GA.

I have a goal to lose 45 lbs or MORE by my wedding May 19th, 2012.... which I think is reasonable. I bought a dress already and it is 4 sizes too small right now. I did NOT buy the dress 4 sizes because I plan to loss weight but because it was a sample that was 50% off and I loved it! My grandmother is a seamstress so I knew she could fix it :)

I was trying on dresses and I looked at myself.... I am NOT going to look like this on my wedding day. I am a bit different than many women because I don't even see myself as being as big as I am. Many women gain 5 lbs and can see it right away.... well I have gained over 80 lbs and can't believe it until I see pictures of myself. I was never over weight until I was in my mid 20s. In high school I was around 104 lbs. I remember thinking there is no way I will ever weigh over 120.... never say never.

I still feel like I look good until I try on clothes or see pictures. I'm sick of people seeing old pictures of me and don't even believe it's me.... like I'm lying! I went to my 20 year reunion a couple of years ago and someone asked my fiance who he was with. They said they hadn't seen me and commented about how beautiful I was in high school.

My health is so bad right now. As of the last 2 years I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, PCOS, sleep apnea, deficit of b and d... I am now on a bunch of prescriptions and feel like !@#$. I have NO energy!

So I not only need to lose weight to look better but because of my health. I know it is going to be hard because my metabolism is soooo slow now.

I am here for motivation. learn from your experiences get advice and make sure I stay on track. I re-joined LA Fitness yesterday and did Zumba. I hadn't gone to the gym in probably 2 years. I loved it and felt great! I wish I hadn't waited so long.

I look forward to chatting with you and a tough but rewarding next 6 months!

:heart: Amanda

Replies

• chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda and welcome to MFP. I am sure that you will lose the weight you plan to and you are losing weight for the right reason. MFP is great to track what you are eating and drinking and the members here are really supportive :)

I have about 40 lbs to lose too...never thought I would get to that weight either 'again' after I lost 20 lbs years back, but I am either a stress eater (really eating a lot) or non-eater. So for me the best thing to do was join MFP.

Feel free to add me if you want to :)
  • khc14
    khc14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda and welcome! Like you I am getting married in May (yay) but am currently massively heavier than I want to be (boo) - feel free to friend me, we're all in it together xx
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome to here. You have the best of possible incentives to success. Congratulations on your engagement. Happy to be a cheerleader/supporter for you.