30 something bride to be

Hi all,

I'm trying to lose about 15 kilos - 30 or so lbs for my upcoming wedding. Well when I say that I haven't actually booked the date the yet because I refuse to get excited at my current weight. Really want to lose this weight (which I've been carrying for the last 8 or so years) and feel good!

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone in the same predicament as me!! or just anyone at all trying to lose weight!

Good luck everyone..

Thanks
K

Replies

• shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Hello, fellow bride-to-be! Congratulations!

I have set a date, but it's not for another almost two years! So I have given myself plenty of time! Best of luck to you with your weight loss goals!
  • Kinsojr
    Kinsojr Posts: 10 Member
    Congrats yourself Shelly and thanks!!

Maybe if I set the date I might get more inspiration!!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Congrats on getting married. All I can suggest is to set small goals and work you away along. Maybe at half way plan to set the date?

Good Luck. x
  • Congratulations brides to be :-)

I'm already married but im 25 and a mother of 2 girls and am here to try and loose 112lbs which i gained during my first pregnancy then lost 14lbs and found out i was expecting again and put that 14lbs back on so sent me straight back to square one :-/

This time im more determind then ever... I will do this x
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Congratulations!

I've sent you a friend request. Know exactly how you feel - i had 35lb to lose and have 5lb left before re-assessing! We haven't set a date yet either though hoping for August 2014!!

welcome, it is really great here!
  • Hi and congrats on your up-coming wedding! I am also 30 something and getting married in Aug 2012 - so excited.

I've been overweight for ages and realised at the beginning of this year it was starting to make me feel really bad about myself so I started calorie counting. Its been easier than I thought - I started off a size 22 and now I'm a 16! I hope to be a size 12 by the time August comes around. I originally started dieting just to make myself feel better and look better and the wedding plans came after I had already started to lose weight - I think my advice for anyone dieting is not to put too much pressure on yourself, it comes off eventually - Oh I also do NO EXERCISE and I have a desk job too so if I can do nothing and still loose nearly 3 stone, calorie counting definately works. I aim for 1200 cals a day but I am usually under that. I have weight watchers toast and low fat marg for breakfast and dinner and then a normal (within my remaining calorie limit) meal for tea. I still eat chocolate and crisps but just in a more controlled way.

Sorry to waffle on, I just honestly believe anyone can diet by calorie counting, its so easy and like I said your not punishing yourself by not having treats.

Hope you have a brilliant wedding and I am sure you will look gorgeous.

x x x
  • Kinsojr
    Kinsojr Posts: 10 Member
    This is really a fantastic community!!!

I know my downfalls - I don't exercise enough and I do enjoy a glass of wine!! But it's time to buckle down now.

Thanks for sharing your stories - loving reading them all...