Anyone else have a goal in May 2012.... wedding!

Hello! I plan to lose 45 lbs by May 19th, 2012, which I think is attainable... works out to about 2 lbs per week. Anyone else is has a similar goal?

I'm actually trying to figure out how much weight I should lose by my wedding and my long term goal. I don't want to get back to my high school weight of 104 lbs. I'm about 190 now and 5'2". I'm a size 16. Most my weight is in my stomach and upper body. My wedding dress is a size 12... which in real life is probably a 8. I will never understand why they make most wedding dresses small than the "street" size. BTW I didn't buy the dress small on purpose. It was just on sale and I loved it. I was a sample so I couldn't get it any larger. My grandmother is a seamstress and we can get extra fabric so even if I don't lose weight we can alter it.

I'm thinking I would be happy at 130 which is still fairly heavy for my height. I am pretty solid so I think I would look good at 130.

How did you determine your goal weight? I know I can look at the weight charts which have a broad range. I should concentrate on my BMI and inches.

Well I really just started yesterday and joined the LA Fitness in Midtown Atlanta. I went to Zumba and loved it! I'm so motivated now.... I have to keep this up. My fiance is 6'2", fit and gorgeous! I want us to look amazing together on our wedding!

:heart: Amanda

Replies

• snowpony
    snowpony Posts: 47 Member
    I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding too :) Although I have an opposite problem to wedding dresses. I am a size 6 in normal clothes and the wedding dress (size 6) was too big for me! I will have to get my dress altered...
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Hi Amanda,
    i'm 5"2 and my hubby is 6"3 and my starting weight was 186! So lots in common with you. I've lost 20lbs in about 6 months, but it took me a while to make serious changes. I'm aiming to be to be just within healthy BMI (high end).
    Add me as a friend if you like. :)
  • Abusser
    Abusser Posts: 22 Member
    Snowpony, When is your wedding?

Hermoine, I added you as a friend.

It's hard to stay motivated! I tried to use my 20 year high school reunion as a motivated but that didn't happen.

For my wedding I am going to have these pictures and memories the rest of my life... so I want to look as good as possible. I also want to get pregnant asap. I have to lose weight before I get pregnant. I am afraid that I will get pregnant before the wedding then I would definitely have a problem with my dress.

Amanda
  • khc14
    khc14 Posts: 16 Member
    For my wedding I am going to have these pictures and memories the rest of my life... so I want to look as good as possible

Oooo hadn't actually looked at it like that, had mainly focused on "the day" and the short term, will add this to my motivational bag of tricks :-)
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Hey, I have a goal for 12th May next year as it's my wedding! :) I'm aiming to lose 2.5 stone (about 30lb) by then to reach my ideal BMI and to look my very best for my wedding pictures! Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other!