Looking for cake recipe without eggs

Options
mkwood10
mkwood10 Posts: 428
I'm looking for a cake receipe that doesn't use eggs in it........... anybody have any ideas or suggestions??

Replies

• mkwood10
    Options
    I'm looking for a cake receipe that doesn't use eggs in it........... anybody have any ideas or suggestions??
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Go to allrecipes.com. Look up the following in the search box at the top of the webpage:

Grandma's Eggless, Butterless, Milkless Cake

It has 124 reviews and has received 4 1/2 stars (out of 5). It is a chocolate cake, if you like that kind of thing...

Hope this might work for you!

Cheers,
    Deborah
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    you can also make the diet soda cake-

i box of yellow/ white cake mix with a can of lemon-lime soda. bake as usual.

for chocolate cake, use diet coke or diet pepsi.

i've made it and it's just as good as regular cake- probably worthless nutritionwise, but fewer calories anyway...
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ...or, once at allrecipes.com, you can do a search based on ingredients (at the very top of the webpage, click on the word "ingredients"). Then do the search based on ingredients desired (I put in "flour" because it wouldn't let me search without it) and ingredients not wanted--in this case, eggs. The important thing to note is to put the word "cake" in "keywords".

There were quite a few others. Crazy cake, for one--my mom makes that (the recipe says cold water, but she uses cold strong-brewed coffee). Have fun searching!

-Deborah
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Yes, do the diet pop cake. Use a dark diet pop for chocolate cakes, and a light diet pop for lighter ones (lemon, strawberry, white, yellow, etc.). So far I've made Diet 7up + Strawberry cake mix and Sprite Zero + Lemon cake mix. No other ingredients and oh-so good. Top with ff cool whip instead of frosting. Yum-o! :laugh:

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can substitute out eggs in a regular cake mix with something else. I just made a banana cake and put applesauce instead of eggs. A little more then 1 TBS for 1 egg. I know that you can also use bananas. Just an idea if you didn't wan to do from scratch.:wink:
  • nclowers
    nclowers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can also use a box of spice cake and a can of pumpkin. This makes really great muffins as well.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    ooh yes! i forgot about that spice cake one- that's good too!! :love:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    you can also make the diet soda cake-

i box of yellow/ white cake mix with a can of lemon-lime soda. bake as usual.

for chocolate cake, use diet coke or diet pepsi.

i've made it and it's just as good as regular cake- probably worthless nutritionwise, but fewer calories anyway...

or strawberry cake mix with 12 oz diet sprite and fat free cream cheese mixed with fat free cool whip on top then fresh strawberries on top - YUUUUMMMMMMYYYYY
  • mkwood10
    Options
    Thanks all of you - looks like I'll be checking out allrecipes.com and your suggestions! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lchotop
    lchotop Posts: 22
    Options
    my son is allergic to eggs so I am an expert at this:laugh: . To replace one egg in baking is 1 tbsp water, 1tbsp oil, 1tsp baking powder stir that together it will start to react then add that to the rest of your ingredients!! hope that helps!!!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can also use a box of spice cake and a can of pumpkin. This makes really great muffins as well.

.......and--unlike the cola cake (which I have made and find good)---the pumpkin will at least give you SOME nutritional value
    123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    We're a family with egg allergies so we use two main egg substitues:

- flax
    - powdered egg subsitute (which is made from baking powder, baking soda, and guar gum - you can buy it at the health food store - we like Pano Riso brand)

Eggs are either used as binder (think "glue") or levening agent (think "rising"). The flax substitutions works when you need a binder (you bring 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds to a boil in 1/4 cup water and remove from heat once it becomes the consistency of egg white - 1 T of this substitutes as one egg). When you need egg to help make something rise, you can just use extra baking powder, or a powdered egg substitute.

As for the diet pop cakes, you can also use soda water instead of the water in a cake mix, and that works well. There is some concern about heating aspartame, so diet pop might not be the safest choice.

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • pattersonpark
    Options
    Sub all egg/water/oil mixes with a can of diet soda.

Use 1/4 cup egg sub to each egg needed or two egg whites per egg needed.

You can also use Applesauce/non fat sour cream or non fat yogurt instead of oil. If doing flavored cakes like Strawberry use starwberry yogurt. I have also seen a note to use carrot puree/baby food for carrot cake.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You can substitute 1 cup soymilk for any recipe that calls for eggs (i'm not sure if you can use regular milk... I'm a vegetarian so I drink the soy!)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    1 can pure pumpkin, 1 box cake mix - mix it up - cook as directed but check afew mintues earlier than the box says....my whole family loves it with a devils food cake mix and they don't even like pumpkin!! Spice cake is yummy too.
  • knittam
    knittam Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't have any eggless cake recipes, but you can use flax seed meal as an egg substitute in recipes.
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You can also use one tbsp of Miracle whip( I use light which is only 20 cals) in place of the eggs I always do and it make the cake super moist.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This is the best cake I've ever tasted; http://vegan20eleven.blogspot.com/2011/05/hot-mess.html

Or you can just google for vegan cakes, there are tons.
  • 01elizabeth59
    Options
    1 can pure pumpkin, 1 box cake mix - mix it up - cook as directed but check afew mintues earlier than the box says....my whole family loves it with a devils food cake mix and they don't even like pumpkin!! Spice cake is yummy too.