Great Ice Cream Substitute

Options
Seeing as though its 80 degrees in Chicagoland today, my mind went straight to one thing: Ice Cream!

My DH and I are lucky in that we live exactly one mile away from an old drive in ice cream shop, and there is a bike path from our house to the ice cream shop. So on warm summer nights we put the dog on a leash and take a nice 2 mile walk, with an ice cream break half way through!

At the shop they have this stuff called "Frace'" and on the sign it says its only 10 calories per ounce! They don't give all the specific nutritional information on their website, but they do say their small is 5 oz. So WOW :noway: only 50 calories!

I like how it tastes. It certainly is NOT ice cream! By any means! But its a great substitute!

:heart:

Replies

• rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Seeing as though its 80 degrees in Chicagoland today, my mind went straight to one thing: Ice Cream!

My DH and I are lucky in that we live exactly one mile away from an old drive in ice cream shop, and there is a bike path from our house to the ice cream shop. So on warm summer nights we put the dog on a leash and take a nice 2 mile walk, with an ice cream break half way through!

At the shop they have this stuff called "Frace'" and on the sign it says its only 10 calories per ounce! They don't give all the specific nutritional information on their website, but they do say their small is 5 oz. So WOW :noway: only 50 calories!

I like how it tastes. It certainly is NOT ice cream! By any means! But its a great substitute!

:heart:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What is it exactly? Is it like a frozen yogurt - does it have sugar? I love ice cream and that is probably my major weakness. I don't keep any in the house and will only go out to the local Dairy Queen if I'm desperate for ice cream. Anything that comes close to ice cream would be a great substitute, especially the calorie content.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I've seen this at an ice cream shop once and got it. You're right - it's good and a great sub for the real thing!

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I don't really get what it is, to be honest. Honestly, living 20 minutes from the Wisconsin border, I feel like I'm cheating on my favorite BF ever... (Ice Cream and I will always have a great passion for one another!)

On the "Daily Plate" they list it as a frozen yogurt treat. But it doesn't taste like frozen yogurt to me.

I think my husband's biggest complaint is that is tastes a little grainy. Its not as smooth as ice cream or yogurt or custard. (Oh man... custard:sad: )

I didn't do too much research on it today. Just wanted to get it posted up here so that ya'll could look into to it too!