Hello! Scared but Determined English Girl!

Options
Hey Everyone!

Sighned up last week, but set up properly tonight, using this, better eating and my gym membership i'm determined to lose weight!

I need your support to help me not lose my determination!

I struggle even more as my best friend is also "cuddley" and can't be bothered to lose weight so tries to drag me down with her meals out etc but i need to do this for myself!

Any support and help greatly appreciated!

Hopefully here from you soon :)

Naomi!

Replies

• debdene
    debdene Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Naomi, you have come to the right place for support! They are a friendly bunch here :) im in uk too ... Good luck x
  • firstof8
    firstof8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! It is hard to do it on your own!! Many ladies on her struggle with that as well.
    You have made a great choice joining this web site!! Wonderful ladies on here.!!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    From the UK too and I know what you mean about needing the support. Most of my mates would rather poke fun in the usual laddish way but on here I've spoke to lots of really nice peeps that have helped me along my journey. Feel free to add me as a friend on here ^^
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome, being on here has really helped me think more about what I eat and the people are so supportive and understanding.
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, you certainly sound like you've got the right idea! Feel free to add me if you would like a buddy!
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Fr sent :)
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here - and getting started quickly. I'm finding it very worthwhile, especially the "accountability factor" through MFP friends. If you haven't yet, you may want to make your food diary "visible" to others - that really keeps us on track!
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum! :smile: I'm also in the UK - have sent you a friend request
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, this is a great site!
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you CAN do it even going out to eat. I eat very few meals at home and still lose. Good luck

Mary
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi .. I'm in the uk to !! MFP is amazing and do helpful !! Loads of advice and tips on the community pages !! I've been Doing this since January and I love it :)

Good luck !!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi there! It sounds like you have the right attitude and who knows, maybe your bf will see how great you look and happy you are and get on the bandwagon! Good luck!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is just like that. She never works out and when I finally drag her to the gym it's "So you wanna go yet?" until i'm done my workout. I've got very little support at home so I came here and it was a very good decision. I'm sure this site will help you, because it's definitely helping me so far. Welcome :)
  • justicets
    Options
    You can do it! Just need to be determined. :)
  • joliejolie123456
    Options
    Hello from the UK! You can do it girl!
  • nuttynaz
    Options
    Thank you eeryone :)
  • nuttynaz
    Options
    Thank you eeryone :)
  • shazzahare
    Options
    Hi in uk also, best site I have ever found. amazing support feel free to add me :smile:
  • Gemma_Moo
    Options
    Hey you can do it :-)

Im 25 and from the UK and have come here to try and loose my baby weight (unfortunately all 112lbs of it) and too am determined to do it this time x
  • mhairi_e_mckenzie
    Options
    My main suggestion (and I know you should always try to make better choices) is that when you're going out with a friend, you pick the place and what you're going to have for dinner first and then plan your day around it.... For example tonight I'm going to Pizza Express so put my pizza in my diary first and then worked out what else I can eat.

Hope this tip helps!

Mhairi x