Another 30 Day Shred Question

Options
I noticed a lot of people posting on 30 Day Shred. I have had that DVD for at least two or two and a half years. I try it and then stop after maybe two or three times. I am curious though, the people that have been doing well with the workout, how many times a week do you do the workout and do you do the workout consecutive days in a row?

Thanks! I am thinking about actually trying to stick with it, especially after seeing peoples before and after photos from using that program.

Replies

• justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    the first time i did this dvd i had amazing results i did for about 26 out of 30 days. i think i lost around 14 inches in total and 8lbs.
  • gokeya2006
    gokeya2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It will actually take me a little over 2 months to complete the video. I try to make sure I do a level at least 3 times a week. I am doing the 30 Day Shred and eating right at the same time, so it can be a little difficult when I get on the scale and see no weight change. However, I know this was due to water retention. BUT the inches do come off faster than the weight. People are noticing because I have went down a size in clothes. If I ever decided to do the 30 Day Shred again I would take the advice of others and rotate level 1, 2, and 3 with in and out because it does get boring doing the same level for 10 days. Good luck!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    ive been doing it and did ripped in 30 with it once i have noticed a diference after about 5 times doing it but i cant stick with just one thing so i dont do it all together i do 30DS, Ripped in 30, biking, walking, bellydancing, cardio hip hop(although i suk terribly still burn lots of cals), and yoga. . . i get bored easily so i jus mix it all up. . . i must say after doing ripped in 30 (day1) 30DS (which was terribly hard for me(level 1)) was easy :P
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Im on level 1 day 5, im doing it every day with an extra half hr of cardio on top (running). Im finding level 1 pretty easy but there is a big jump between L 1 and 2 so have been sticking to L1, will go up after a week.

I want to be diligent and do it every day as the last day of the programme im flying out for a beach holiday over xmas and NYE! Good incentive for doing it every day!
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The first couple of days are by far the hardest...it was only day 5 that I really started getting into it. I did the first 2 weeks without skipping a day, and the last 15 days or so I did with the occasional day off (1-2 times per week).

I felt the best when I wasn't skipping days, but there were some days that I just couldn't fit it in.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I stared it a few months ago and I just keep replaying it through all the levels. I do each level for 2 weeks usually and then move on to the next.

I do it 6 days a week in the AM and I do 30 minutes of elliptical in the PM. On occasion I'll do 30DS twice a day (like level 2 in the AM and 3 in the PM) if I'm not going to do my usual elliptical routine in the PM.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When I did it my goal was to do it every day, and then when I couldn't fit it in that counted as my rest day. The first few days absolutely kill your legs but once you've pushed through that it's amazing how much easier it gets. I did each level until I no longer found it a challenge, so I did 7 days on level one, about 9 on level 2, and then about 13 on level 3!

I know the recommendation is to have rest days when exercising, but doing this with only the occasional day off (I averaged on day a week off) works because a) the work out is so short and b) you only do it for 30 days - then it's done!

I know people have said they get bored doing the same thing 10 times in a row, and before I did it I would have agreed, but due to the aforementioned shortness of the workout, combined with doing it every day (so each level is over in little more than a week) and the fact that some of the moves are quite complicated and take a few days to master, plus the fact that you see a small improvement in one or other of the moves almost every day, I actually found it really easy to just keep going for the allotted days.

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I did the shred consecutively for the 30 days the first time, i now do different levels whenever i fancy it along with Yoga Meltdown.. i loved the shred i lost 14llbs and 14 inches all over it has given me awesome stomach muscles, toned arms and legs and i feel great every tim ei do it!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i do it most days sometimes two levels a day one in the mornng one in the evening. its great. because its only 20mins you can't really excuse yourself from skipping it!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have had great success with it, and it really helped me tone up for my wedding! I completely recommend that, and Shape's 400-Calorie Fat Blast.

I would do cardio 4-5 times a week, and then the 30-day shred about 3-4 times a week. It's only 20-mins long so easy to fit into anyone's day.

I found level 2 to be the most difficult, especially for the upper body/arms!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Im on day 10 of the shred now. I do it six days a week. Its tough, but if you can push through the soreness
    until your muscles warm up, it gets better.
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! This helps a lot!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Do you do this dvd alongside a training programme?
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Originally when I tried doing the DVD, I would do extra cardio and then do the video. I was also trying to be mindful and eat healthier. I feel like I am more ready for it now then I was. I am now cutting back on a lot of sugar, cutting back on my diet soda, and trying to stick to a 1200 calories a day diet.