Your best quirky fitness tips

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Are there any little things you use or do that make it much easier to achieve your fitness goals? A couple of mine are:

1. Find bomb-proof waterproof eye make-up. It makes the decision to work out at lunchtime or in the evening so much easier without having to scrub down and start again.

2. Keep an old pair of training shoes in your desk drawer. When your best-laid plans go awry, such as a last-minute invitation to after-work drinks when you had a workout planned, you needn't choose between a social life and your fitness by squeezing in a quick power-walk.

3. Carry a resistance band in your handbag. It takes up next to no room and weighs very little, and you can whip it out for a swift resistance circuit wherever you find yourself. Also useful for entertaining small children, I've found.

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Dance whenever possible. When you're prepping food have the radio on in the kitchen and get a wiggle on while you're peeling your sprouts :happy:
  • Orrgarde86
    Orrgarde86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you have a desk job - stand up whilst you are on the phone. All the standing up and sitting down will do you good! I try to as best as I can.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    #2 for sure! I walk 15-20 minutes at lunchtime every day - weather permitting.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Dance whenever possible. When you're prepping food have the radio on in the kitchen and get a wiggle on while you're peeling your sprouts :happy:

This one, yes. I try to avoid letting anyone see me, though!
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I dance, rather than rock, my baby to sleep.
  • raw_sugar
    Options

This is one of my favorites! I have a specific 'housework' playlist that's all stuff I can dance to. - Also if you're going out, drink water instead of alcohol and spend as much time on the dance floor as you can.

Another one I got from WW.. park on the farthest end of the parking lot when you go shopping. Also shopping downtown instead of big box stores, so you have to walk from store to store (this also supports local business!)
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    If you have a desk job - stand up whilst you are on the phone. All the standing up and sitting down will do you good! I try to as best as I can.

Good one.. also, walk over to someone's desk rather than emailing or phoning them.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Walk everywhere. Don't even consider taking your car for short distance trips!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Lip sing on while running, or doing intense cardio...It makes it so much more fun when you really get into a song. Last week I was running down the street mouthing "Na Na Na" by My Chemical Romance!