Options
I'm 20 and I weigh well over what I want to. I'm higher than my highest weight ever, and I recently discovered I was overweight. I've decided I need to get down to a weight that I haven't been at since I was about 11 (I've always been on the chubby side) and I want to get fit. I have no core muscles and can even run for a minute!

I've been tracking my calories for about 2 weeks and was suprised at how much I ate! Managed to stay mostly under my target calories and lost 3.8 pounds last week!

But motivating myself to do more exercise seems to be my problem. I'm at University and have a very full work schedule. Any suggestions for how to fit in exercise around studying?

Replies

• melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on making a positive change!

I'm 32, a wife, mother of two, and an elementary school teacher. I had to think about my goals and what needed to happen in order to reach them. For me the only time that exercising works is first thing in the morning. I live in the country and don't have easy access to a gym so dvd's have been a huge help. As far a motivation having MFP and friends holding me accountable was huge.

Good luck!
  • Elfinmajic
    Elfinmajic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For me it was my ever changing schedule. I sell Real Estate, and once my day started, often things changed, I met with clients that I wasn't intending to when I wrote my schedule. Problems came up, I had to put out fires, etc. If I tried to schedule time during the day, I found conflicted in keeping the work out schedule, and having to take care of clients and issues.
    I started working out 1st thing in the am. For the past 2 months, I get up early, and start the workout between 6:45-7:15. I get in what I can. I found that this is my time, no cell phone, e-mails or anything else to get in the way. In addition to changing my diet, it's been a successful plan for me.