Switched for the smaller community feeling....

Options
I'm a 40 year old mom who had lots of success with Spark People when they were new and starting out. They've gotten pretty big and I can't seem to find the same "family like" feeling anymore. There are too many groups and nothing feels personal. My husband actually found this site and, since the "spark" is gone, I think I found a new home!

I've gained weight over the past 3 years when my 3rd child was born and I tried to get back on their program without success. I have 25+ pounds to lose and I'm finding tracking my food is fun again! I was dead even at 1200 calories yesterday! Even though it's the holidays and this is a BAD time to start a program, I think the newness and the coziness of this site will keep me honest and help me finally feel better about myself!

Thanks MFP!! So happy to be here!

--Tina

Replies

• slimkitty
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp and good luck. If you need friends feel free to add me :) x
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you like. Good Luck. :-)
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    welcome to the board hun. and good luck with your journey xxx
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina!

Welcome!

I am 45 and have my last 25 lbs to lose still. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. We can always use some encouragement, right?

Have a great day!
  • melzi28
    melzi28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new too. My weight has been a real struggle so I'm here for anyone who has weight issues. Maybe we can all come up with something that works together!
  • LendaJ
    LendaJ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome to the family. Feel free to add me, too. We can all use the uplifting.
  • jennifero469
    jennifero469 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I switched from SparkPeople also. I agree that they are too large now. I am working on losing about 30 pounds from my last child. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!!! I think you're going to love it! I started here a year ago and have made some very nice friends and been pretty successful at the weight loss:-) Good luck to you and HAPPY THANKSGIVING:-)
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean... MFP feels like Home to me. I'm sure you will find people you feel safe and cozy with. Very glad you are here!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! Add as a friend if u want some support!
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Any time is a good time to start a new plan! :)
    Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend.

Best wishes on your journey!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You will love this site!!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I switched from sparkpeople too! I am following the weight watcher point system but i like to track my calories here because I don't like the idea of going under 1200 calories. Welcome to the family! :-) I'm a momma too so if you need a support system feel free to add me! Happy Thanksgiving.
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I am 41 and have struggled.. I have 44 lbs as an initial goal. If you would like to add me as a friend we can support each other
  • KiniWoman
    KiniWoman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Totally get that! SP was great when it was newer, but especially over the last year it has gotten to impersonal and with the "improvements" I found it more difficult to find the things (and people) I wanted and needed. MFP is fantastic! :)