So Lazy! Anyone else?

Options
I am so lazy... lol and don't get me wrong buecause I can be very active as well.. I play on soccer team for fun each week. I just find that after a day at work I'm so lazy to get up and workout... I have a treadmill at my house, but I dread working out on most days because my body feels constantly drained. I will shortly be starting hip hop abs which looks like fun..Does anyone have any suggestions on small workouts? thanks

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Have you tried working out in the morning instead? Most jobs don't pay enough to deserve the full energy and attention of their employees anyway, so meh, wear yourself out, then go to work.

Unless of course you're a doctor, nurse, airline pilot, or truck driver!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Have you tried working out in the morning instead? Most jobs don't pay enough to deserve the full energy and attention of their employees anyway, so meh, wear yourself out, then go to work.

LOL....

morning workouts are good...once you are done. Feel awesome through the day, just sucks getting up.

Can you watch TV while on your treadmill? that always seems to make the time go faster.

I think that 30 day Shred is supposed to be pretty quick workout.
  • Stripycat
    Stripycat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yep - do it first thing in the morning.

I can run for miles and love it with an early start, and then feel buzzing for the rest of the day, but if I leave it til after 11am, I'm more likely to give the whole thing a miss and stay inside.

And if I'm not supposed to be running, then there's no way I'll run for anything. It's as though I have to be switched onto RUN mode, otherwise I won't take a single step at anything faster than a leisurely walk!
  • 5starshelly
    5starshelly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would try working out BEFORE work. And I highly recommend Jillians 30 day shred videos. They are 3 20 minute work outs. That are made up of three circuits that are 3minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and one minute of abs. They are GREAT. And they are HARD to talk yourself out of. Because seriously EVERYONE has 20 minutes a day. And once you start doing them regularly you start waking up earlier. Try that. I got mine at Target for $10. Get it tomorrow.
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    I work out after work (I have an elliptical at home for days when I'm not at the gym). I find that if I leave my workout clothes laid out and I just don't think about it, I just walk in, strip down, switch clothes, re-shoe and start I'm already started before my brain can tell me lay on the couch instead. I do the whole "Just do 10 minutes and then you can stop, but at least you can say you tried" but by the time 10 minutes hit I'm good to keep going. I also do the same thing with my workout DVDs - just put them in and start it... once it's in you might as well do it cuz they're on the screen telling you to anyway.

I also have a bf that likes to sit there and tell me to try harder when I'm slacking so I use my hatred for him telling me "arms ALL the way above your head missy!" to keep going.
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options

hahaha too funny!
  • melcap
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone... you are right morning workouts are the way to go...Its the getting up that sucks.. Well i figure my weight isnt just going to fall off without doing anything.. lol so something has to change:) thanks!
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Me! I am SO lazy. I am an active person, always walking. A LOT every day, my job is very physically demanding. But i NEVER exercise. Ever. Haha, I hate it. I'm down 3 stone in 4 months, so It's ok for now. I'll tone up eventually.. lol
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    my go-to is a walk with my doggy/hubby! actually it's usually me and my doggy and occasionally my hubby comes with us.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    my go-to is a walk with my doggy/hubby! actually it's usually me and my doggy and occasionally my hubby comes with us.

I do walk my dogs everyday. If that counts as exercise, then I guess I'm no that lzy, lol. We walk 3 miles daily.
  • melcap
    Options

I do walk my dogs everyday. If that counts as exercise, then I guess I'm no that lzy, lol. We walk 3 miles daily.

LOL! I wish my dogs like to walk in colder weather but they don't! lol ( and its not even that cold yet)