NSV 5K!

Options
Today I did something I would have never thought about a year ago...I did our local 5K Turkey Trott and finished it in 38.31 minutes! I did walk for about a minute of it, but otherwise, ran the whole thing! My heart is swollan with pride for doing what I thought was impossable for me to do!!! I would have never kept going on this journey with out the MFP community and all of my friends and family!

Replies

• EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! My best time is 44 minutes with a mix of running and walking. Still working up to running the whole way.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! When I started my time was 54 minutes... so I can run it in under 33 minutes... you did great, this is the best feeling in the world.... right after your done... oH :) enjoy!
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! I completed my first 5k as well. I finished in 41 minutes. I am so proud of myself....Never thought I would be able to do it, but I did....Yeah to us! We rock!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great job!

Now go eat that turkey! :D
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, well done!
  • Titofrito
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That is really great, Happy Thanksgiving.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    great job! :D
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!! Woot !! Woot !!! That is a spectacular achievement !
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    Great Job!! I know exactly how you feel, today was my first 5K as well, and I couldn't feel happier about it :bigsmile:

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome job!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    I did one too! 29 minutes and I am happppyy:)