Ruined day!

Options
I just popped out for milk, walked into the supermarket and bought milk ... plus a bag of pink n white marshmallows. Which I've dug into and blown my cals for today!

Why oh why ...???!!! :-(

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Because you havent had a cheat day in????
    Eat up today but be smart about it.
    If today is the cheat day then have the food you normally wouldnt but hit that cardio trail hard tomorrow.
    Cheat days are essential to weight loss and you should have 1 a week!
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    I normally have cheat day as Saturday! I am at the gym tomorrow though so will just have to work at those marshmallows.

Honestly. My willpower is rubbish!! x
  • RhondaRowsell
    RhondaRowsell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is much more important not to talk/think negatively about yourself. So, you ate something you shouldn't have. Figure out the calories and add in enough extra cardio over the next couple of days to compensate.
    No one is perfect. And no one would like you if you were.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    take a breather, learn from it, give yourself a little slack for being human....

then....do 30-45min of cardio and add that into your calories for the day.

this is not a issue :)
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I've had days ruined by someone at work bringing in donuts.

Just make damn sure tomorrow isn't another fail.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    The day and night are yet young... go on a run...burn it off. Job done.
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    TraceyDonna. Why don't you go for a run around the block/few sit ups/lunges/press ups and allow yourself to get over you little misdemeanour. Sure, you'll have to do a bit more cardio tomorrow to get all of them off, but mentally you'll feel better if you do something RIGHT NOW! :-D

That's it, close the laptop, go to your room, get your kit on and GET OUT! Or if you're at work, sneak in some pressups in a quiet room. lol.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    mmmmm... marshmallows!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    mmmmm... marshmallows!

Mary ... just back away from the cupboards. Nothing to see here.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A bad day isn't the end of the world...if it was then not a single one of us will be here! If you feel guilty, get some exercise in, if not make it the "cheat" day today and skip your usual "cheat" day. You'll be alright!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I just popped out for milk, walked into the supermarket and bought milk ... plus a bag of pink n white marshmallows. Which I've dug into and blown my cals for today!

Why oh why ...???!!! :-(

Relax.

And I actually wouldn't recommend going above and beyond your normal exercise or start overcompensating with your food intake to try and fix this. Just let it go. You will need to learn how to do this regardless, in my opinion.
  • Kell_5
    Kell_5 Posts: 19
    Options
    "Relax.

And I actually wouldn't recommend going above and beyond your normal exercise or start overcompensating with your food intake to try and fix this. Just let it go. You will need to learn how to do this regardless, in my opinion".

What a great attitude, I think the guilt we all go into has a huge amount to do with why we give in, or overdo the 'fix' and then give in. Enjoy the day, tomorrow is just another day to be getting on with this journey to fit healthy and happy :o)

Good luck