New and Need Help

Options
The program has giving me 1200 Calorie target. Yesterday I hit that target and it says I ate too little and that I will pretty much the same weight as I am today in 5 weeks. Today I pre-logged my food, I went over by 100 calories and it says if I continue to eat this way, I will be 7 LBS lighter in 5 Weeks.

Can someone please explain to me?

Thank you

Replies

• Mygrrls
    Mygrrls Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The smallest number of calories that should be consumed in one day is 1200. If you eat less you will put your body into starvation mode and you will not be as successful in losing weight. However, in order to lose 1 pound per week you need to consume 3500 calories less over 7 days (500 calories per day) then you need to function. If you want to lose 2 pounds per week then you need to consume 7000 calories less over 7 days (1000 calories per day). So for example if your calculation indicates that you need 2200 calories per day to do your basic functions then you can eat 1200 calories net per day to lose 2 pounds per week. If you eat 900 calories less over the week you will still lose weight...just maybe a little less. That is why it still shows some weight loss.