For anyone out there like me.....you CAN do it!!

Options
Today I went for my walk around our local dog park. Half way around, I realized that I was not having tremendous back pain, I wasn't out of breath, and I had definitely picked up my walking pace! I smiled and picked up my pace a little more. It was only a few months ago that I couldn't even make it 1/4 of the way around without pain, breathlessness and needing to sit down. Now I can do 3 full laps and feel invigorated, not like I am about to die!! I can truly say I am proud of myself!!

I just wanted to let anyone out there like me; who struggled to even walk a short distance- don't give up! I know how hard it can be. I am thankful that I didn't give up, and will continue to keep going. Please know that you can do it!!

Replies

• Figuringoutme
    Options
    We can do anything anything we set our mind too.

Congrats on your accomplishment
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! congrats on the progress :)
  • cvaneaton
    Options
    fantastic! You have the power and :flowerforyou: to do anything!
  • grumpers
    grumpers Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love stories like this one--thanks for sharing on this day. Sometimes I want to just throw in the towel because I am losing sooooo slowly it doesn't really seem like it is worth the effort, but then like you, I suddenly notice that I can wear a blouse I couldn't a few months ago, or that taking the stairs to the office isn't an effort any more. Hurrah!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    A great story - thanks for sharing! And congratz!
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! I am so happy for you!!!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Great story!! It is the small steps that lead to huge steps! Keep up the great workouts! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    well done thats a great acheivment be so proud of yourself i think some times we dont see or look back on what we have achieved and pa t ourselves on the back .good luck with your weight loss journey:smile:
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is great!!
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go and keep it going!!!
  • ressa8
    ressa8 Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank-you everyone for the beautiful comments! I wish each and every one of you the same:)
  • bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! That is really amazing. I am so happy for you!! (: