Herbed Potato Salad (Cooking Light)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Herbed Potato Salad

Dill, parsley, and onion combine with yogurt and sour cream to make a pungent, creamy dressing. Because it travels well, this flavorful potato salad is wonderful for potlucks and picnics.

2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced

Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool slightly and peel. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place potatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with vinegar.

Combine yogurt and sour cream in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add oil; stir with a whisk. Add onion and remaining ingredients; stir with a whisk. Add yogurt mixture to potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)

CALORIES 168 (21% from fat); FAT 4g (sat 1.2g,mono 1.4g,poly 0.8g); IRON 0.6mg; CHOLESTEROL 6mg; CALCIUM 66mg; CARBOHYDRATE 30.1g; SODIUM 221mg; PROTEIN 4.2g; FIBER 2.6g

Cooking Light, JULY 2002

potato-salad-ck-263956-l.jpg

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Herbed Potato Salad

Dill, parsley, and onion combine with yogurt and sour cream to make a pungent, creamy dressing. Because it travels well, this flavorful potato salad is wonderful for potlucks and picnics.

2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
    3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
    1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
    1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 garlic clove, minced

Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool slightly and peel. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place potatoes in a large bowl; sprinkle with vinegar.

Combine yogurt and sour cream in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add oil; stir with a whisk. Add onion and remaining ingredients; stir with a whisk. Add yogurt mixture to potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)

CALORIES 168 (21% from fat); FAT 4g (sat 1.2g,mono 1.4g,poly 0.8g); IRON 0.6mg; CHOLESTEROL 6mg; CALCIUM 66mg; CARBOHYDRATE 30.1g; SODIUM 221mg; PROTEIN 4.2g; FIBER 2.6g

Cooking Light, JULY 2002

potato-salad-ck-263956-l.jpg
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    This one sounds good too. Now you really have me craving potato salad! :laugh:

Thanks Tam!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bumping for sure
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great recipes Tammy! I see you are getting them from Cooking Light magazine. Do you recommend subscribing to this monthly? Currently I just get Shape, Fitness and Self.
  • melli244
    melli244 Posts: 63
    Options
    This sounds like a great recipe!!! My husband hates mayo so i never make potatoe salad but i think he will like this one, thanks :smile:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    looks good too! I enjoy getting recipes from MFP, I've missed ChubbyBunny's post! Thanks Tam, and by the way, so far the diner meatloaf muffins have been the bestest!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Your welcome everyone. :)

I love Cooking Light Ireilly....but you can access their website for recipes too. I just enjoy the magazine because there are a lot of articles about fitness and other things as well. Plus I get excited to get it every month and flip through. I usually end up finding about 10 new recipes I want to try!! :laugh:

Yes Gena, those meatloaf muffins are a hit!! :laugh: I think because parents can get their kids to eat them too is good!! :wink:

And warm weather makes me crave potato salad! Weird huh?? :glasses:
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great information! I can't wait to try these great recipes :flowerforyou: And order Cooking Light at as well :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks for all the great information! I can't wait to try these great recipes :flowerforyou: And order Cooking Light at as well :drinker:
    You're welcome. I really enjoy it! I like it a lot because it's not so much about "fat-free" but more about cutting where you can. Replacing with other items to make it healthier.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds really yummy! I think that's dinner for tomorrow night........
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Another great recipe post--Tami, you're so awesome!

I made this for yesterday's "grill out" (with the Cooking Light Broccoli Salad). My goodness it is SOOO good!

...and while shopping for the ingredients, I found chopped parsley in a tube. Now, I know that sounds a bit odd (and a bit yucky), but I must say it's a huge time-saver. I also didn't have to get a gi-normous bunch of parsley to only use 2 Tbsp!

Another yummy one to try for summer! I highly recommend it! :drinker:

:flowerforyou: