HELP! would love to loose a stone before xmas!

Options
i have not long been in my new job!!
everyone always goes on about weight/training and about this site!
it has made me feel self conscious!
the xmas party in work is less than a month away now and I'm going to loose weight to make me feel more comfortable!!

anybody have any tips or in the same boat as me!!

Replies

• Rodgers2008
    Options
    Just try to stay within your calorie goal each day and try to workout a couple times a week!Good Luck!
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    a stone would be tough going depending on how much you have got to lose and how your current life style is.

What is your current level of activity and what is your diet like? if there is a big change then you may see a big initial loss. It takes me around 6 weeks to lose a stone, although i think this is slowing down now for me
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks just dropping carbs - no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

You'll have to re-introduce them gradually so the weight doesn't pile back on again, but may get away with it if you are exercising too.
  • rebeccaelissa
    Options
    yeah i no i can loose it, its just actually doing it!

soo hard to get into the swing of it, but when the weight starts falling off I'm sure i will be determined to become fit again!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    * lose not loose :flowerforyou: pet peeve of many people here

a stone in 4 weeks might be pretty tough. I would just aim for a steady loss and not put a date on it - sets many people up for disappointment. Reasonable goals are better!
  • bumblebee007
    bumblebee007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would definitely agree a stone in 4 weeks is a tall order and maybe risky for piling it back on. Why don't you tailor some exercise such as ab work and jogging to target those areas that show in your party dress- just a little more muscle tone will help you stand tall and you'll look slimmer. It's all in the opical illusions! Then you can actually lose weight at a more sustainable rate over the coming months.

Good luck!