Probably a dumb question....

Options
So I was looking at a fool label today and it said 15 g carbs, 2 g fibre and 2g sugar. So - If 2g is sugar and 2 Fibre - what is the other 11 g? And - what does it matter (besides the Fibre) because doesn't our body turn it all into glucose anyways for energy?

Replies

• rochey1098
    Options
    The good stuff :laugh:

Also a fair point about the glucose but it's the way in which that happens that is important. Complex carbs are broken down slower giving you a better fuel for your daily life, sweeties are fast burning and leave you with a sugar hangover
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Probably water
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What was the food product? The reminder will be complex carbs like starches.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    So I was looking at a fool label today ...

They make fools wear labels now?... Awesome! :laugh:
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Probably water

Oh no, please don't let people think water is a carb! We'll all be doomed!!!!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    The other 11 are carbs. 2 are specifically fiber, 2 are specifically sugar, the other?

Carbs. Just plain carbs.
  • lookfierce
    Options
    11g of starch
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Probably water
    :huh:
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options

lol, ooops - hilarious!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options

LOL they should have done that years ago! It would have save me alot of money if I hadn't had to divorce mine :laugh:
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It's starch.
    The reason they break it up is because your body digests them differently.
    Sugars it can burn quickly, for quick energy. It also tends spike blood sugar, which is something for diabetics to watch for.
    Fiber your body can't digest. It just passes through, but it makes you feel fuller in the process.
    Starch your body can break down, but it takes longer than simple sugars. That means that the energy won't spike like energy from sugar. You also won't feel hungry as quickly. :)