Soya Protein

Options
Hi all, i'm looking for ideas on how to take my Soya protein powder without using any cold liquids i.e water/milk, i get cold easily and drinking cold shakes would just give me the shivers. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I sometimes sprinkle my protein over snack foods such as cottage cheese, yogurt, baked goods (pancakes, waffles),and oatmeal or cereal.

How that gives you some ideas!
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I sometimes sprinkle my protein over snack foods such as cottage cheese, yogurt, baked goods (pancakes, waffles),and oatmeal or cereal.

How that gives you some ideas!

I've tried putting a scoop in my oats before i hated it and had to add sugar, will try it again with a half a scoop thanks, I dont tend to eat pancakes and baked goods, and yogurt is cold....
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've started using it in biscuits.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat it dry.
  • purple_punk
    Options

Do you have a recipe?
  • purple_punk
    Options
    Sometimes I eat it dry.

I have considered that before not too sure, i'll give it a go i suppose if its not filling then least know lol
  • RoanneRed
    Options

Do you have a recipe?
    The original Chocolate Coconut Biscuit recipe is:
    4ozs Butter
    3 ozs Sugar
    1 cup Coconut
    1 cup Flour
    2 tablespoons Cocoa
    1 teaspoon Baking Powder
    2 tablespoons Boiled Water

Cream the butter and sugar, mix in the dry ingredients then drizzle in hot water to make a biscuit dough. Bake about 20 mins in moderate (170C) oven.

Along with other changes I'm currently making in my eating, I now replace some of the butter with coconut oil and at least half the sugar with a sweetener (previously Splenda but tried Natvia in last night's batch). Instead of wheat flour I'm now using a combination of Almond Meal, Coconut Flour and Protein Powder. I've given the basic recipe so you can decide how you want to tweak it.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Go on the search and type "Homemade protein bars" .. or even google it. There's lots you can do!
  • purple_punk
    Options

Do you have a recipe?
    The original Chocolate Coconut Biscuit recipe is:
    4ozs Butter
    3 ozs Sugar
    1 cup Coconut
    1 cup Flour
    2 tablespoons Cocoa
    1 teaspoon Baking Powder
    2 tablespoons Boiled Water

Cream the butter and sugar, mix in the dry ingredients then drizzle in hot water to make a biscuit dough. Bake about 20 mins in moderate (170C) oven.

Along with other changes I'm currently making in my eating, I now replace some of the butter with coconut oil and at least half the sugar with a sweetener (previously Splenda but tried Natvia in last night's batch). Instead of wheat flour I'm now using a combination of Almond Meal, Coconut Flour and Protein Powder. I've given the basic recipe so you can decide how you want to tweak it.

thanks I dont think i'll be making that seems a lot of calories :sad:
  • purple_punk
    Options
    Go on the search and type "Homemade protein bars" .. or even google it. There's lots you can do!

Thanks, i tried making that in the summer, wasnt a hit with me my partner liked it though
  • RoanneRed
    Options
    thanks I dont think i'll be making that seems a lot of calories :sad:

Depends how many bikkies you get out of it - last night's batch was 22-23 so only 80-85 calories but they are small and it's hard to eat only 1!
  • hezzyfoofie
    hezzyfoofie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What about drinking it with room temperature water?
  • RoanneRed
    Options
    Oh, just thought of one!

Try using it instead of flour to make a basic white sauce? Use that as a base for cheese sauce, etc to put on meals or use in pasta dishes. Realise it's not generally a way to eat it in one got but just an idea.
  • manukahoneybadger
    manukahoneybadger Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mash it into low fat cottage cheese, and add stevia- I make it into a yummy paste- feels uncooked cookie dough :)