Help Nighttime cravings for Chocolate

Options
Hi All,

Does anyone else struggle with chocolate cravings? Its always of a night time, I am normally so good of a day time but as soon as the night comes I NEED chocolate. I have PCOS and have just started taking DCI (D-chiro-inositol) I was hoping this would help but so far not. I am TTC (we have been trying on and off for 8 years! But we have decided to try it again and give it 110% I have given up caffine (that was huge for me) My Hubby has given up diet coke we are looking after our selves better we dont smoke or drink.

What advice do you have to beat the cravings??

Replies

• Figuringoutme
    Options
    I like to make fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding with fat free milk. it's low in calories. i sometimes add a little whip cream :) It's my good goodie.
    Better then my bad goodies. LOL
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Try a chocolate protein shake? That is what my p/t suggests. Or just have mini chocolate bars stashed in the house somewhere. Surely it won't hurt if you have a mini size bar rather than a full size bar. Good luck with TTC :)
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    I am an ex-chocoholic and found that including more fruit (I previously ate none) to 2 serves a day really helped with the sweet cravings. After a week or 2 when I craved something sweet fruit really did the job. On the odd occasion when I really, absolutely must have some chocolate I go with dark instead of milk - because of it's richness I can only eat a small serving and so I don't completely blow the calorie quota. Good Luck beating your cravings:)
  • Kyliechristie
    Options
    Or just have mini chocolate bars stashed in the house somewhere.

I also keep mini chocolate flavoured protein bars at home and they are great. 30g proteinfx bars for 100 cals each. They are in choc fudge, cookies and cream, choc raspberry and choc orange. YUM!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    <
    currently snarfing a Mars bar!!

I save calories for the end of the day to have one once in a while.
  • born4uuuu
    Options
    YUP! GOT THE CURE FOR THAT,

Its called mind over matter or in other terms will power...... everytime you want chocolate go eat a big slice of pizza and think of the damage you did to ur calories that day hehehe
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I got a better cure.

Just have some chocolate! It works wonders!

Leave yourself a few hundred calories for the night time snacks! Remember, it doesn't matter when you eat your calories, as long as you maintain that calorie deficit.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I got a better cure.

Just have some chocolate! It works wonders!

Leave yourself a few hundred calories for the night time snacks! Remember, it doesn't matter when you eat your calories, as long as you maintain that calorie deficit.

^ This.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I have enough calories left, hot chocolate is always a good treat.
  • princessstacy
    Options
    odwalla makes a cocoa bar. They have enough chocolate taste to qwell the chocolate urge just watch the calorie count.
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I slice choc protein bars into quarters and keep in the fridge, a small piece at night (oh those evening cravings) and it seems to do the trick. and dark chocolate ( a small amount ) is good for you
  • danagisana
    danagisana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My weakness is chocolate chips - a handful at night leads to 2 or 3....
    If you try a few days of high protein and limit carbs then the cravings really go. I'm not a fan of high protein/Atkins type diets, but I do have to admit that the few times I've been on them my cravings have totally gone away. So when I start getting the munchies I do a few days of no carbs and that seems to do the trick.
  • going2befit
    Options
    Definitely leave yourself some calories for chocolate! Hot chocolate helps satisfy my craving since I make it really hot and sip it slowly and really can absorb a lot of chocolate flavor over the course of an hour. A packet or serving of satisfying good quality hot chocolate can be anywhere from 80-150 calories. It's really not that much. :) Also chocolate protein shakes and protein bars can be really delicious and satisfying.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat a good quality (70% cocoa or higher) dark chocolate instead, it reduces my cravings.

I can't eat more than 4 shares in one sitting
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I've been on an elimination diet for 3 weeks now (intolerance issues) and I found a way to have something that tastes like chocolate: chocolate pudding made from avocado and banana, cocoa powder and some maple syrup.

The original recipe was only with avocado (avocado has some good fats :) ). I take half of one avocado, 1 banana, 2 tablespoon cocoa and 2 tablespoon maple syrup ( I eat this for breakfast right now). You puree it in a blender or with a hand blender and tada! it's around 300 calories, but good calories, you can replace the maple syrup with any kind of sugar or fake sugar you want.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I get most of my protein from BIG 20 oz mugs of hot chocolate, made with skim milk and dry cocoa powder. I started out sweetening them with splenda, but wanted less and less over time, so now I prefer it unsweetened. I have one of those water coolers with a hot water tap, so I dissolve the cocoa powder in a little hot water, then add the milk and nuke it. Very little to clean up, very healthy and filling, and very chocolatey. (The dry cocoa is basically nothing but protein.) Two mugs of that a day is all my protein and calcium, and I'm not craving chocolate.