Vegetarian in trouble

Hello to all!
I am a girl of 21 years old from Lisbon (Portugal) and now with a conscience to weigh me on my shoulders.
I gained 11kgs in my last job. 2 months ago I did one month of gym, but unfortunately the gym was quite expensive. I am vegetarian (not vegan. I eat eggs, milk, etc etc but when I can I use vegan ingredients), but to be synonymous with being a vegetarian is not always eat healthily .. for days at a healthy and others are simply horrible. Lately I have felt a refuge in food. The food: it's great for when we are happy, when we are sad, when we are stressed, and this leaves me not knowing what to do. I always hate exercise, but in the gym gave me motivation to continue (perhaps because I will be paying for that) and I was also accompanied by my boyfriend. Thought to be a good way, but ran out of money and my boyfriend did not have time to exercise due to studies.
I do not feel happy, I do not feel sexy and I am worried because i am so young and have this kind of problem.
thanks for listening and 1001 excuses for my broken English.
Hugs,
Joanne

Replies

• jamesmacvoy
    jamesmacvoy Posts: 14 Member
    exercise at home! look into videos. Also, I'm a vegetarian in trouble as well so if you want to friend me, that'd be cool :D
  • Sure! I just cannot understand anything of this forum is! I am such a n00b. as you become my friend?
    The problem I have is that my house is too small .. and motivation to do on the outdoors do not know where to get. Right now I feel in a very dark place, because if I have more than two years that I am vegetarian why I cannot find the strength to change my other habits?
  • Jranalli76
    Jranalli76 Posts: 6 Member
    I've been a vegetarian for 3 years. And it does get hard to eat healthy some times. But you just need to find good food alternatives that are tasty and different. I would suggest getting this book Appetite for Reduction
    http://www.theppk.com/books/appetite-for-reduction/
    or just look at some of the recipes on her site. It really helped me a lot to get a well rounded healthy and tasty meal. As far as exercise goes, try going for long walks for now, its good for the body and soul. Good luck and hang in there!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    There is A LOT of videos and what nots to get to do home exercise for small places. Take the Jillian michaels 30 day shred. Unless she does something majorly different on lvl 2 or 3 then all you need is enough room to lay down, everything else you kinda stand in one spot..... I am sure there are tons of other things... ALSO, the Wii... I do Wii Fit and you do not need much room for it.
  • Thanks for the support and understanding. Many do not realize that there for being vegetarian does not always have to eat salads and vegetables. and I feel very judged always when people asks me why I'm eating pizza and muffins or something like that. Thank you for site! I didnt know this one .. tomorrow I'll try to make a recipe. :)
  • Thank you Moonbeamlissi! <3 I'll check this videos (but where? youtube?)
    Tomorrow (because here in portugal is 01:35 am) in the morning I'll start my home exercice.. I hope not to give up on the middle ..
  • Thanks for the support and understanding. Many do not realize that there for being vegetarian does not always have to eat salads and vegetables. and I feel very judged always when people asks me why I'm eating pizza and muffins or something like that. Thank you for site! I didnt know this one .. tomorrow I'll try to make a recipe. :)
    I am a carb addict. I try hard but pasta and bread are big weaknesses for me, I understand about being a vegetarian and not being thin!