Digital Food Scale with Calorie Counter?

Options
Has anyone owned a food scale with a calorie counter? I have a basic food scale but I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the version that can calculate calories. I am thinking it would be most useful for things like meats, poultry, fish, etc. (things that don't come with food labels!)

So far I have looked at "Perfect Portions Digital Food Scale - Black" and "EatSmart Digital Nutrition Scale - Professional Food and Nutrient Calculator"

Has anyone owned these? Or can recommend something better?

Replies

• lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you can weigh your food then put it in MFP, why do you need special scales? Not having a go, just wondering.
  • melcasa
    melcasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like to track my food intake with and without mfp so if I decide not to log through my phone it would be helpful. Also sometimes I question the accuracy of things on here.
  • Abusser
    Abusser Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was about to post the same question but thought I better search the forum first... I am also interested in getting a scale with nutrition info. I am not very good at portion sizing. I thought this would help. Some are really not that expensive but don't want to waste money either.

No one has any suggestions or experience with these scales??? I saw older posts and wanted to get more recent feedback since technology is always improving.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

:heart: Amanda
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump!xx
  • flowerpower381
    flowerpower381 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like the Salter brand. I have a basic Salter scale that I use to weigh my sons food to figure out carbs. We have had it for 6 years or so. It's still going strong. I keep hoping it will die so I can get one with a food library. You could also get a small Calorie King book and use the basic scale.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you can weigh your food then put it in MFP, why do you need special scales? Not having a go, just wondering.

I think that this would be handy for preparing a homecooked meal with a lot of ingredients. I find MFP's way of logging recipies is very fiddly and it is difficult to edit recipies once you've recorded them.

xx
  • Abusser
    Abusser Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well I ended up getting EatSmart Digital Nutrition Scale - Professional Food and Nutrient Calculator on Amazon after posting this last night. I read a bunch of reviews. I hope I like it :)

Thanks!
    Amanda
  • melcasa
    melcasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How did the scale work out for you? I'm still looking for a good one!