Too... much...fiber?

Options
OK, so in an attempt to stay on track today, I brought some homemade low-carb (I'm a low carber) "alternatives" that i made to my dinner. I made low-carb stuffing, low-carb flax rolls, a low-fat, low-carb pasta dish (made with Atkins pasta) and some low carb/sugar free "cake" that was made with pumpkin and almonds. Most of the items have starches removed and replaced with fiber fillers (that's how they are so low in real carbs).

I tallied up my day (which I was over on cals and carbs, of course, but who wasn't? I didn't have any "real stuffing, bread or desserts...)... and i had... I kid you not... 91 grams of fiber.

NINETY ONE.

Is that bad? Is my belly about to explode? lol

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    My condolences to your plunger.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    I'd buy some quality toilet roll before tomorrow if I was you :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I accidentally had 57 g of fiber yesterday and had gas all day!! I hope you will do better with it. I think some people are more sensitive to higher amounts of fiber than others. Good luck!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'd buy some quality toilet roll before tomorrow if I was you :laugh:

So, this is going to somehow cancel out the dinner then, right?! lololol.... omg... this is going to be... interesting. lol
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options

this.

and im so glad i dont live with you :)
  • LATeagno
    Options

this.

Sooo revenge on the many times my hubby has done this to me. OMG... i'm dying over here. I ate at 4 EST, and i feel fine, so maybe nothing will happen? lol
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Lmao. Wow, thats a lot of fiber.
    I hate when I overdo the fiber & am verrrry gassy the next day...So awkward
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

this.

Sooo revenge on the many times my hubby has done this to me. OMG... i'm dying over here. I ate at 4 EST, and i feel fine, so maybe nothing will happen? lol

I was told to eat lots of fiber, but drink "LOTS" of water to get it moving through or all you will be stuck with is gas, lol. Good luck!!
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm also a low-carber and sometimes when I eat too much fibre I get gassy. But I second the comment about drinking lots of water. It really will help things get moving. *TMI ALERT* My tummy makes this gurgling noise and then I know it's time to go!

I LOL'd when I read your post but not because I'm mean. It was half "OMG!!!" and half "Holy [beep] I'm impressed!"
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The body does take time to adjust to the high fiber so if you've been eating more than 60+gr fiber per day,
    you would be fine. Otherwise beside take water, you may have to take some laxative.
  • LATeagno
    Options
    Haha! My tummy is gurgling as we speak! LOL!! hehe
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Definitely drink a lot of water to ummm errr soften things up!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    holy *kitten*...
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    now i know why ive had a stomach ache!
  • Lokisul
    Options
    Oh you are going to have so much fun... I switched to a higher-fibre museli not so long ago... I could not wait till I had finished it so I could go and buy something different!

Stay hydrated!!!