I finally did something right!

Options
At the beginning of this year I set myself a target of losing one pound a week, a total of 52lbs for the year - I didn't gain weight overnight so realistically I knew not to expect an overnight loss.

Today, with 5 more weigh-ins still to come before the end of the year, I hit that target!

I've had my ups and downs, good weeks and bad weeks, but I've plodded on like the proverbial tortoise, and yes, I did something right for a change!

Next week, hopefully, I will be out of the 300s and into the 200s, and I'm soooo looking forward to that one!

Happy me!

Replies

• Kjanthony
    Options
    thats wonderful!:happy:
  • psoshkin
    psoshkin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wooohoooooo! You go girlie!!!!!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    way to go! That's so awesome!
  • cnewyou
    Options
    That's a wonderful accomplishment! You've obviously done a lot of things right!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow - - so inspiring that you set a realistic goal.....and you blew right PAST IT! Keep up the great work!
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    That's great! It's such hard work and takes keeping at it, and you are totally doing it! Painful joints and all, you are on it! You can do it, you are on your way to a healthier you!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    that is outstanding ! well done
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Your an awesome inspiration! I am so happy for you!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Awesome progress, you should be proud! Talk about milestones!!!! Good for you!!!
  • avg1986
    avg1986 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well done mum, you are a true inspiration to our family, love you loads xxxxxxx
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    That's so great! Congrats on your weight loss & for your hard work paying off! Way to go! :)
  • sevakraj
    sevakraj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Your determination, slow, continued and determined pace is admirable. You stayed on path with all your ups and downs. Totally appreciable. Very good job. Now, you are an inspiration to us and many others out there in the world.

Congratulations on your achievement!
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Congrats! What an inspiration!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I just changed my avatar to show my 'work in progress' - I know I have a long way to go yet, but I'll get there!
  • misstonico
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself! Congrats!
  • cmm5200
    cmm5200 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I know what you mean that it is slow but at least you will keep it off and continue to reach your goal! Don't give up!
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. You goal is my goal too. I started halloween 2011 and by Halloween 2012, I want to be down atleast 52, a lb a week. It's awesome to see that it CAN be done. WTG!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and support everyone!

I don't think I'd have come this far if it wasn't for this great site and all the people on it - real people, not photoshopped dummies, all with a common goal.

We all lose weight at different rates, some can exercise, some struggle, but the support network on here is fantastic and certainly helps spur me on when I feel tempted to leave the path!

Onwards and downwards!
  • rockstar65
    rockstar65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for such a great accomplishment, and i admire your healthy outlook on reaching your goals, best to you and what's to come in your future!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!