Can't Get My Eating Habits Consistent

Options
Dexy_
Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
My eating habits are all over the place. I will usually go a few days a few calories under my limit, but then one day I'll just want to eat everything in sight (like today). It is really annoying and stalling my weight loss dramatically. Any hints on how to stabilize my eating?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Try some complex carbohydrates that will take longer to digest & keep you fuller longer. Don't buy the bad foods that you know you'll binge on. If none of that works I hate to be "That guy" but a good amount of the dieting/lifestyle changing ordeal is mental. You have to learn to overcome those urges & cravings. Those mental obstacles are tough at first, but remember you're trying to better yourself.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what foods would have complex carbohydrates and I generally binge on "good" foods like fruit.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    get your phone out and put an alarm on it. Set it for every 3 hours.

This is to remind you to eat.

If you are hungry before those 3 hours are up, then eat something. I find I can't go longer than 3 hours without eating something.

so for me it's like

6.30am - breakfast
    10.30am - snack
    1pm - lunch
    4pm - snack
    6pm - dinner

kitchen is closed after 8pm. Normally as soon as the dishes are washed that's it not more food.

You may also want to bump up your cals for the day say to 1700
  • MezzC
    MezzC Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Dexy,
    Can I direct you to the website: MarksDailyApple.com
    It will explain how to change your body's 'operating system' so you are no longer craving food to get energy. To overcome cravings you need to switch your body from getting energy from ingested (eaten) sugars (which is sugar and all grains - which are broken into sugar in the stomach) and to get energy by burning the fat in your body. Make sense? Not only will you rid yourself of cravings and you won't struggle with will power anymore, but fat will be burned without you having to do much at all. It's totally the opposite of conventional wisdom, but look around you - conventional wisdom hasn't worked. This website will show you what foods you need to eat and which to avoid to help your body make the switch. Be sure to look at the section on the testimonies (scroll down the home page). I think you will be shocked at how simple it is to turn your body into a natural fat burning machine (as opposed to a sugar burning machine) and all the amazing health benefits of doing so.
    Mary
  • mquarry
    Options
    Dexy, you can easily look up what foods have those. When you binge on fruit, it's just like binge eating candy. Your blood sugar spikes a bit, and when you crash, you end up hungry again. Fruit are good to supplement, but shouldn't be eaten so largely. Yes, they are good for you, but EVERYTHING is bad for you in excess.

The easiest thing to do is what mmk said. Set up a schedule as to when you eat. It should help control your binge eating on random days, but you have to stick to it for a while. It's hard to do at first, but force yourself to do it. Your body actually reacts well to a schedule quite well and you won't need the alarms after long. :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I think for you, two things might help: the first would be to pre-plan meals. I know that staying on track is a lot harder when I'm starving and I need to eat RIGHT NOW, so it might be very helpful to plan out meals. Or cook lots on a Saturday or Sunday when you have time so that you always have a frozen option to turn to.

Also, it might help you to eat bigger portions of lighter-calorie things. Sometimes your meals seem to be a lot of snacks that add up quickly - get some good veggies in there through a stir-fry or a big salad with lots of add-ins. It's a huge volume of food for not as many calories.

Stick with it girl! :)