Food Intolerance

Options
hi

I'm off to have a food intolerance test done tonight - dying to see what shows up!

Has anyone had it done - love to know your thoughts!

Thanks
Lisx

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I HAVE!!!!

and the things you find out are remarkable. i am intollerant to yeast, rye, gluten, turkey, apricots, brocolli, cabbage etc etc

its so weird but it opens your eyes to things and since cutting down on the products that you are intollerant to, your body starts to feel normal again :o)

let us know the results xxx
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend doing this if you're thinking about it. I found out I was intolerant to wheat, dairy, coffee, garlic, tomatoes, cucumber, chicken and pork. As was said before once you cut down on the things you're intolerant to you'll feel great. I can still eat all of the above in moderation.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i would love to get one done. how do i go about getting this done?
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Agree, where do I go for that? Natropath? In some research I have done about food intolerance on the net, I have come to the conclusion I am intolerant to wheat and enriched white flour (pizza is off my list) I also get nasty symptoms from cauliflower and brocolli (which makes me sad, love those)
    It is a low enzyme count in my stomach and mouth acids so my food doesn't get broken down (ah, now I know why I shouldn't have had stuffing for dinner last night - forgot, stupid)
    I am also taking a probiotic supplement, Sam's club version of JuicePlus (for the enzymes). Next on my list is a cleanse
  • Kinsojr
    Kinsojr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know how I get on tonight - I've a funny feeling I'm going to be intolerant to all my favourite foods!!
  • Kinsojr
    Options
    So just a quick update for you - had a very quick and painless test done which involved a probe and my middle toe.. So my list is wheat, yeast, dairy, dust (luckily I don't each much of that) beef, msg and coffee - oh and tomatoes!! Now I need ideas for lunch as bread is now out the window!! There's only so much chicken salad a person can eat!!

Ideas gratefully welcomed!! X
  • ackeebee
    Options
    So just a quick update for you - had a very quick and painless test done which involved a probe and my middle toe.. So my list is wheat, yeast, dairy, dust (luckily I don't each much of that) beef, msg and coffee - oh and tomatoes!! Now I need ideas for lunch as bread is now out the window!! There's only so much chicken salad a person can eat!!

Ideas gratefully welcomed!! X

wow, that's quite alot of stuff

any idea on how i can go about getting this test done?
  • Kinsojr
    Options
    Hi - I saw an ad in my local newspaper for a lady that does it - to be honest I'm not sure how qualified she was!! I'd ask your GP or maybe check out a homeopath!! Good luck!!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    thanks for the tip. i will look into it.