Options

Replies

• donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Donna from regional Victoria.

All of you should feel free to add me!

This is my second go with MFP. I only have a little to lose.

Donna
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cindy and i'm from the Hunter Valley NSW :)
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    Options
    heya im from Canberra Australia i have a similar amount of weight to lose, feel free to add me to share the journey :)
    welcome to MFP
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    from Sydney, always keen to meet other mfpers!!!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    and I'm Tracey from regional Vic.
  • kktlipton
    Options
    Hi I'm Nora, from Sydney!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Another Sydneysider here. I hope you reach all your goals :) Fantastic community on here and you'll find there's an Aussies group in the forums... good luck!
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    Hi I'm an Aussie/ American (expat), from southern suburbs of Melbourne, feel free to add me :D I like MFP, so easy to use! Been using it straight for 10 days and a bit off / on before that.

I am a 120.2 kg at the moment, prior to that I was about 125-126. Lost 25kg a few years ago, and would like to get down to 100kg at least.
  • Hoosier_born
    Options
    Hi I'm an Aussie/ American (expat), from southern suburbs of Melbourne, feel free to add me :D I like MFP, so easy to use! Been using it straight for 10 days and a bit off / on before that.

I am a 120.2 kg at the moment, prior to that I was about 125-126. Lost 25kg a few years ago, and would like to get down to 100kg at least.
  • brat68
    brat68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi a Melbourne girl here gotta love this site keeps me well and truly in line!!! Nice to see all you aussies, here I thought I was all alone!!!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow from the first 1/2 doz posts or so I thought it was a Perth convention LOL By the way - Howdy from Perth :P

Welcome fellow Aussie - there's all the right stuff here for success ... Cheers
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Brisbane! Welcome to MfP :flowerforyou:
  • pinky_b
    pinky_b Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sagetracey - Wow. You've lost alot. Congratulations!

And thanks everyone. There are a fair few aussies out there and everyone is so friendly. Hoping this is the lifestyle tool that will finally work for me.
  • katparkat
    Options
    Hello, hello to you all !

I consider myself an honorary Aussie (American expat) from Sydney (from Bankstown to Campbelltown, then I moved into the CBD-King Street--the over to Surry Hills) for quite a long time after I left the military. Love and miss Oz dearly, I must say. Visited all sorts of brilliant sights and suburbs (including Blue Mountains, Jenolan Caves, Bowral and Berrima) along the way.

Right now, I'm not quite sure what I weigh as I'm moving house and can't find my scale (shakes fist).

If you have heard of BeachBody and Tony Horton, then you'll know what I'm up to in order to lose weight. I'm trying to find my own balance of nutrition rather than following Horton's because most of what he suggests I should take in, I'm allergic to it, so I'm seeking alternatives along the way. I've got a knee and shoulder injury, which are the reason I'm not in the military anymore, so I haven't done anything exercise-wise since last year. That being said, I'm not quite ready for p90x or Insanity, but I just began Tony's Ten Minute Trainers. I am a busy girl with a hellacious academic schedule, and I'm also an actress involved in production after production. TMTs help me because I am on a tight time budget. In just one Ten Minute session, I find myself really sweating and feeling worked out at the end. Thee are five workouts (Total Body, Lower Body, Abs, Cardio and Yoga Flex) and I try to do at least three or four of them on the days I'm at home. The kit came with a resistance band, which really helps, but it's not really necessary. The moves seem easy, and some of them are inspired by the military, so it's like a flashback to my old squad PT. At my fittest, I weighed 64kgs and wore a size 8 jean (American). Now, I've gained all the weight back, but I don't really appear to weight as much as I do. Whenever I get on the scale, I am shocked I weigh that much, but alas, the scale doesn't lie. So here I am, Day 1.

Day 1 (25 Nov 2011)

Height: 1.73m
    Weight: 84kgs (approx.)
    Bust: 114cm
    Waist: 96cm
    Hips: 117cm
    Thighs: 53cm

Missing Oz,
    Kat
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi im from country victoria =)
  • rosemaryblackley
    Options
    Hi, I'm 67 yo and live in rural NQ. My daughter and I decided to do something about our weight at the end of August. Like you I've tried every diet known to man, but always gained most of it back, never to the extreme 122 kgs I was in my early 50's thank goodness, but at 110 kg I was feeling exhausted, depressed and quite honestly anti-social. With the help of Annette Syms 'Simply too good to be true' cookbooks and MFP website we have achieved impressive weight loss in just 12 weeks. She has lost 13 kg and I've lost 11.5 kg. I can honestly say I've not felt hungry or deprived because you can tailor the daily menu to suit the day, and if you do feel naughty (as my daughter does occasionaly) you can always change the menu to include that little something. I do 30-40 mins on bike 6 days a week, try to walk if we can, its hard when you have a busy life style. I would be pleased to help in any way I can.
    :smile:
  • Mummamac
    Options
    Hi there, I'm from Melbourne and just started here a few days ago. I downloaded the app on my phone months ago but never used it. Now I'm determined though and have it bookmarked on my iPad (there doesn't seem to be an iPad app)...and I'm keeping up with it. It's soooooo easy to use!!

Feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • Juliamary4
    Options
    I'm Julia from Victoria, outskirts of Melbourne.
  • Juliamary4
    Options
    You started same day as me. Have gone over in calories both days so far, but I am sure I will get the hang of it before long.
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello i am from country Victoria, i love this site, and all the friends that you make are such great support,