Optislim

Options
Hey

I was wondering if any of you wonderful people have tried Optislim life???? Really contemplating starting this as my weight has not budged in 6 weeks!!!! Any views on Optislim would be greatly recieved.

Thanks

Replies

• tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Optislim but have done Optifast, which I believe is about the same thing. I did the Optifast once years ago, and then found that the company that made the protein shakes and such was the same as another product called Wonderslim to which you can purchase online at www.dietdirect.com. So I acutally use the Wonderslim program or have in the past. These days I do still use some of their products but I am not on a program of shakes only but use many of their products to supplement my diet especaially when I am traveling on the road.

Sandra

10269526.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    if it is Optifast, that's how I lost my first 125 lbs doing a modified version of the diet with a local weight management program. My wife and I did it for about 6 months.
  • Ruby11222
    Options
    I have them every now and then, honeycomb is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Erdfisch
    Erdfisch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have no experience and little opinion about Optislim or similar weight-loss products, but looking through your diary of the last few weeks I noticed a few things.

The first and most important issue I noticed is that it seems like you are starving yourself on most days, especially on the ones where you do a lot of exercising. The daily limit you entered seems awfully low in the first place, and then there are days when you undercut this limit by another 500 to 1000 cals, which leaves your body with literally nothing to work with and screaming for those nutrients and clinging on to them whenever it is able to get them. And the second and closely related point is that you're not logging your weekends (fridays, saturdays and sundays). It might well be that your body uses those days to get back what it didn't get during the week, and so manages to maintain its weight, completely undermining your intentions.

I understand from your profile that you have a great personal interest in losing weight as quickly as in any way possible, and I appreciate your dedication. I am a bit skeptical though if your body can hold up with this radical dieting, and your past 6 weeks seem to support this intuition.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This

I believe you may be putting yourself into starvation mode which may be why you have stopped losing. Eating too little may also hinder your goals. Not to mention if you want to be a mother then you want to make sure your body is getting the proper nutrients it needs.
    I have no experience and little opinion about Optislim or similar weight-loss products, but looking through your diary of the last few weeks I noticed a few things.

The first and most important issue I noticed is that it seems like you are starving yourself on most days, especially on the ones where you do a lot of exercising. The daily limit you entered seems awfully low in the first place, and then there are days when you undercut this limit by another 500 to 1000 cals, which leaves your body with literally nothing to work with and screaming for those nutrients and clinging on to them whenever it is able to get them. And the second and closely related point is that you're not logging your weekends (fridays, saturdays and sundays). It might well be that your body uses those days to get back what it didn't get during the week, and so manages to maintain its weight, completely undermining your intentions.

I understand from your profile that you have a great personal interest in losing weight as quickly as in any way possible, and I appreciate your dedication. I am a bit skeptical though if your body can hold up with this radical dieting, and your past 6 weeks seem to support this intuition.
  • nickiemcg
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for all your comments. I am starting the optislim option tomorrow and i have spoken to my doctor regarding this and even though they do not reccomend it they are allowing me to do this as its not a long term thing. Because i have alreay lost 30lb and can't shift the last wee bit, they suggested this to me. I am also taking all the extra vitamins etc etc and blood tests that i had done last week indiate that everything is good so i'm not to worried, like i say this is just a quick fix so that my bmi gets to the requested amount before my treatment starts... i will then continue to eat a more healthy diet :-)

Thanks again though guys!! :-) ;-) ;-)