6 Months today I get married!

Options
I would love to lose 30 pounds in 6 months. Is it do able?

I'm diabetic and I find that sometimes it holds me back in eating/exercsing.

Any one have any good tips?

Replies

• FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think it is definitely doable. I've lost 34 lbs in less than 4 months on here.
  • sorryteacups
    Options
    I actually just celebrated 6 months with MFP and I am at a 30 lb loss. Started 5/23/11 at 208 and now I am at 178.8. It is definitely doable :)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Averages out at just over a pound a week.......adjust your calorie goal accordingly, but make sure you eat regularly.

Good luck & here's to a svelte bride! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    aww congrats!!!

30lbs is a lot, but if you really buckle down it is TOTALLY do-able. I am also getting married in 7 months! I started mfp Aug 24 and as of yesterday, have lost 14lbs!.. so you can do it!!
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is an advice post going on now that might help you
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/210675-best-advice-ever

I would say that you can lose the weight if you are motivated enough and are willing to work hard at it. Following the MFP plan has worked for alot of people.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    A very realistic goal. Weight loss, I've found, is more about motivation than special diets or exercises. Eat less, move more and stay attuned to your goal. At least, that's what worked for me and I've lost about 60.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week, so you could definately lose 5 lbs a month as long as you are consistent with your eating and exercise. In the past when I've followed the recommendations on here (eating exactly the amount of calories they tell me too), the weight came off slowly like clockwork. I lost a pound a week without exercising until I hit the 20 pound mark and got lazy and stopped tracking! I'd recommend you set your mfp goals to a pound and a half a week and exercise moderately (30-60 mins) so you get a few more calories every day (or exercise more if you end up overeating), and you should be able to lose the 30 lbs without too much struggle. Good luck and congrats on the upcoming wedding and marriage!
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 lbs in just over four months, it's totally do able!
    And congrats!! :)
  • Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I lost thirty pounds in three months. You can do it!
  • cupcakecutie1985
    cupcakecutie1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I get married in 9 months from today! I think your goal is totally attainable!!!!
  • sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

The reassurance has given me a boost. 30 pounds here I come xx