thanksgiving weigh in

Options
On Wednesday I weighed myself, just because and was down like 2 pounds. Today I did my weekly weigh in and was down less than a pound, should I have changed my weigh in day until Saturday this week considering the sodium and amount of food I had yesterday?

Replies

• Caitie1986
    Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about weighing in this week at all. Try to eat and exercise normally for the next seven days and then weigh in again on your regular day. you don't want a day of feasting to get your weight up and your motivation down.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I would think yes - to give your body time to recoup. you are more brave than I am! I won't get on the scale until Monday. I tried to be good, but couldn't resist the home made pies that were brought to my house to go with the dinner. :cry:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    What will keep you feeling the most motivated?

Your weigh in is only for your own reference. If recording your weight a day earlier or later makes you feel better, then do that. You're not going to be graded on it.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    And try to remember, The scale is a fickle friend. Only visit once a week and you can be best buds, but daily visits bring remorse!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record any new low and ignore any increases. I find that the most motivational and it's the overall downward trend that matters, not your weight on a particular day.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    im just going to wait until next week and work out like crazy lol (my scale says im up 4 pounds!!!)
  • lyndajane14
    Options
    that is a good way to look at it,thank you mam
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record any new low and ignore any increases. I find that the most motivational and it's the overall downward trend that matters, not your weight on a particular day.

Yup, +2
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

What BerryH said! I weigh myself daily & record it for future reference. As long as the trend line is headed down, I have no worries!