i have a question. please read!!

Options
So i've been on a little binge for the past 7 days and I weighed myself this morning and it said I gained 5 pounds back. My question is, is it really possible for me to gain that much weight back in a week?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Yes. And No.
    Yes, obviously you gained the weight. However, you did not gain 5 lbs of fat. Most of it is water weight and will disappear pretty quick once you get back to regular eating.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you overate by about 17500 calories, sure and its fat. If you didnt, its probably water.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The quicker you get back on track the better! It will come off fairly easily if you deal with it PRONTO!!!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Depends on how good of a binge you were on... takes 3500 calories to make 1lb of fat... did you really eat an additional 17,500 calories (over your daily maintenance requirement)? some is probably water...
  • ckoudsi617
    Options
    Speaking only from my personal experience, I'd say at least half of the regain is due to water (bloating from excess sodium, etc.) If you get right back on track and throw in a few extra workouts, I'd bet that weight can be totally GONE in 1-2 weeks! Best wishes!
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes it is definately possible but as someone else stated...not all fight...may be a result of sodium and bloating...sometimes when your body is retaining water it may not be digesting your food as fast...a good workout and drinking plenty of water always does a good job for me. You are on track just keep going!
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I see you haven't been logging your food for a while. Logging really keeps you aware of what you're eating and prevents you from going overboard too much. Start the logging habit again and you should get back on track.
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's easier to put on weight then to lose weight. Usually when eating badly your adding sodium which hangs onto water and shows weight gain. If I eat out which would have more sodium, I drink lots of water by the end of the day to flush some of the sodium out and not see such a weight gain.

Good news is you are aware of the bad eating = weight gain. Now you can get back on track and become a healthier & happier you!!!
  • shunta864
    Options
    I really didn't binge too bad yesterday was the worse and I ate 2 plates for thanksgiving. I figured I didn't gain that much back but wasn't sure. I plan on going back to working out and eating right tomorrow.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. You are probably bloated from bad food, hanging onto water weight becuase of sodium. Now is the time to deal with it. Don't keep up the binge or it won't come off. I bet you will easily drop a few pounds if you eat well the next few days!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    First of all- there is no such thing as a LITTLE binge. A binge is a binge is a binge. I agree with what the others have said some could be fat, some could be water it all depends. Have you been exercising? Have you been drinking enough water? How far over your calories have you gone? I went on vacation back in July and gained like 7 lbs in a week. Got back home got RIGHT BACK on track (did not pass go, did not collect $200!) with my eating and exercise and lost 10 lbs (the 7 I gained in water from increased sodium intake and the 3 that I was on schedule to lose anyway). So it really does depend. Just get back on track TODAY!!! Binging is over!!
  • shunta864
    Options
    First of all- there is no such thing as a LITTLE binge. A binge is a binge is a binge. I agree with what the others have said some could be fat, some could be water it all depends. Have you been exercising? Have you been drinking enough water? How far over your calories have you gone? I went on vacation back in July and gained like 7 lbs in a week. Got back home got RIGHT BACK on track (did not pass go, did not collect $200!) with my eating and exercise and lost 10 lbs (the 7 I gained in water from increased sodium intake and the 3 that I was on schedule to lose anyway). So it really does depend. Just get back on track TODAY!!! Binging is over!!

Thanks!! I luv that push
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Water water everywhere.

How come you dont track food?
    How do you know whats going in and if you are really hitting your macros?