Running NSV

Options
So yesterday I ran a 2.1 mile Turkey Trot in 21:39. I had to stop and walk a couple of times for less than a minute. I have never been able to complete a run outside without walking for at least a minute (although I can complete on on the treadmill without walking). Today I went out to run Week 7, Day 2 of C25K and I ran the entire 25 minutes without stopping to walk. Yeah me!

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nice Job!!!
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done! You will be running marathon before you know it!!! Keep it up!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is completely awesome!!!
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! It will just keep getting easier and easier if you work at it! Congrats!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I ran a 2.1 mile Turkey Trot in 21:39. I had to stop and walk a couple of times for less than a minute. I have never been able to complete a run outside without walking for at least a minute (although I can complete on on the treadmill without walking). Today I went out to run Week 7, Day 2 of C25K and I ran the entire 25 minutes without stopping to walk. Yeah me!

Congratulations, that is awesome. I run on the treadmill, but seem to struggle terribly when I get outside...even if my treadmill is on incline. Hopefully one day..
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yeah you indeed! Really well done - it'll be no time now until you're doing the 30-minute run and beyond!
  • loseramy68
    Options
    Congratulations! That is wonderful!! I ran my first group run yesterday at a Turkey Trot as well. Your time was great. Way to go!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!