Im kinda new and losing weight :)

Options
Hi im Derek im kinda new ive been doing this for about a month. I want to go into the military to join the navy. But i am 210 and they said i had to be down to 175. My dad showed me this awesome site to keep track of what i eat and well i can do exercise easy it was the eating that was the problem just like to say thank you for whom ever did this site really helps me and my goal.

Replies

• Butrfli
    Options
    That's awesone. Congrats on joining all of here. You will find a great network support here too. I wish you the best and all for a VERY good cause....You want to join the military. Just think, once you get down to the acceptable weigh in to join, you'll be great shape from the workout you'll get by being in the military. Cheers to you for good health! Add me if you'd like and good luck!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    You can do it - friend me if you like.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place!

I started exercising in April 2011, but wasn't seeing any significant weight loss. However, in June 2011, I started tracking my food (along with my exercise) and it made a world of difference -- I saw fast results in the first month. Now I'm losing 1-to-2 pounds every week.

You are young, so you'll be able to drop the weight in record time if you follow MFP's guidance. Remember to be honest in your tracking.

I served six years in the Air Force (1979 - 1985) -- the best years of my life. (I let romance / marriage get in the way of a military career -- my bad.)

My son is scheduled to go to Camp Pendleton (USMC) in mid-March 2012. My son exercises with recruits two days every week; he loves it. Dedicated recruiters like to keep their recruits close to them up until the day the recruits are put on the plane!

Ask your local recruiter if they hold physical training sessions. Exercising with fellow recruits will do you good.

Be strong, stay strong!

Best wishes,

-Magda
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That is great news. You are already doing what the military is going to do by whipping yourself into shape. I commend you. Everyone here is helpful and supportive. Even if we are having a bad food day or bad weigh-in, they will pick you up and make you feel better. Welcome!

Joining the military is a great decision. I would have joined if I could, but I'm extremely patriotic and support our troops. (Every man in my family going back several generations has been in some sort of military service). Friend me if you would like.