Low carb - what do you eat?!

Options
Hello Everyone,

Just a question for those of you that eat low carb, can you please give me some examples of meals that you eat? (breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks) I'm thinking of cutting down the carbs i eat because they seem to be leaving me really bloated. I also seem to have more energy when i have more protein.

Thanks Guys

Katie
xx

Replies

• Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is mostly eggs and turkey bacon
    Lunch tuna or lean chicken with a salad
    dinner lean meat liek fish or chicken with some more veggies
    snacks nuts and fruit and protien shakes
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just thinking the same thing!
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    try and change your eating habbits for a lifetime, not for a diet.. try 50% protein, 30% carb, and 20% fat in your diary settings.. its worked for me, and im never hungry. best of luck to you!;)
  • QueenStromba
    QueenStromba Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can find a low carb substitution for pretty much everything, I eat a lot of curries, stews etc and just substitute one of the below for the carb.

Rice/cous cous - grated cauliflower
    Mashed potatoes - mashed celeriac/cauliflower
    Noodles - shirataki noodles
    Fries/roast potatoes - celeriac

You can also do low carb baking with some substitutions such as this (the atkins website has loads of great recipes):
    http://www.atkins.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe905/Muffin-in-a-Minute-(MIM).aspx

For snacks I eat things like eggs, sliced ham, greek yoghurt and quark.
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    The 60lbs. that I have lost have been because of the Atkins diet. It is low-carb, and I followed the same kind of meal plan as IrishEyes. It becomes a habit after you do it so long, but it works very well.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Just a question for those of you that eat low carb, can you please give me some examples of meals that you eat? (breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks) I'm thinking of cutting down the carbs i eat because they seem to be leaving me really bloated. I also seem to have more energy when i have more protein.

Thanks Guys

Katie
    xx

I'm just listing things I normally have. This is not an entire meal. :)

Breakfast: FF cottage cheese, egg white veggie scramble, soy bacon

Snacks: black beans, veggies and hummus, veggies and salsa

Lunch: veggie burgers (cut up into egg white, topped on a salad, sliced up into "fingers" to pair with veggie sticks), 97% fat free Kosher beef hot dogs, light tuna, salads, chicken breast, lunch meat, black olives, veggies

Dinner: Spaghetti squash w/ pasta sauce and a little parmesan, chicken "noodle" soup made with spaghetti squash or tofu shiritake noodles, split pea soup, shrimp gumbo, lentil soup, black bean soup, chili, chicken and steamed veggies, fish

Dinner is my hardest meal to be carb light. My boys love pasta and bread, so I am sorry I didn't have more helpful ideas there.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Rice/cous cous - grated cauliflower

I totally forgot about that! One of the pictures on my profile is a cauliflower crust pizza crust. YUM!

Light string cheese is a great snack, too. Weight watchers makes one that is 50 calories a pop. Edamame = yummy protein snack