Wisdom teeth

Options
kcb315
kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
Okay my wisdom teeth are coming in and it hurts soo bad when I try to chew, so what kinds of things can I eat that wont irritate them until I get them out? I get them out january 3rd and I know that I wont be able to get solid foods then either for a couple of days. so what are some healthier food choices that I can eat then too. Thanks!

Replies

• Ambeltz2016
    Ambeltz2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Apple sauce, sliced peaches, cottage cheese, baby food, or you can put other food in a blender and eat it that way. It sux I know I had one break off and couldn't do anything about it until my insurance kicked. Good Luck to you.
  • kklemencic
    Options
    Do you like hummus? I usually eat it with slices of cucumber or put it in a wheat wrap with slices of cucumbers and some slices of avocado. The cukes and wheat wrap may be too much to chew but the hummus is good. Yogurt is good too and you could add bananas to it. Good luck.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had TMJ issues (slipped disc in the jaw) years ago, so I have a lot of experience with the mushy foods. At the time, I had a lot of SlimFast type shakes, but now I'd get some protein powder and make my own in any flavor I wanted. It really took about 8 years for me to even think about having some kind of shake again, I was so burnt out on them back then!

Mashed potatoes with cheese were a favorite. It's something that tasted like a real food, and that's what I craved most of all. Now I'd do sweet potatoes instead. Love the flavor and they're a little more nutritious.

Chicken or pork cooked in a crock pot is super tender and falls apart in your mouth. I love cooking chicken breasts with a little buffalo sauce and some Neufchatel or lowfat cream cheese. Cooked long enough, it can be like a buffalo chicken dip but it's also delicious over pasta, especially if you toss in a bag of frozen pepper and onion stir fry. (And absolutely incredible over waffle fries, but not very diet conscious at that point.)

Porkchops cooked with some bbq sauce does the same thing... think pulled pork sandwich.

I just realized how frickin' hungry I am. :laugh:
  • kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    lol thanks everyone! I never tried hummus. pulled pork sounds delicious!